New Case Fan Issues - Daisy Chaining?

rccola2424

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Okay, so I recieved my new case yesterday, an antec x-telstar. It's got 3 fans which all use a molex connector for power.It also has a built-in fan controller (single knob, controls up to 5 via "daisy chain") and a built in display for temp, db of sound in case, and fan speed. The connector for each fan splits into two molex connectors. one male, one female. The display on the front also has a male/female molex cable. But the fan controller is only a male molex plug.
The issue is that once I daisy chain everything, it always ends up with a male molex connector at the end. My PSU has only male molex connectors (not sure if that's normal or not?) and the case came with no molex adapters. Do I need to buy a splitter of some kind, or am I "dasiy-chaining" them incorrectly?

Here's the best visual representation I can produce. FanController>Male>---Fan1>Female>---Fan1>Male>---Fan2>Female>---Fan2>Male>---Fan3>Female>---Fan3>Male>---
CaseDisplay>Female>---CaseDisplay>male>--- No way to plug in power from there because all the molex on my PSU are male.

popatim

Titan
PSU Male > Display/controller Female (input 12volts)
then daisy chain everything off the the male (controlled voltage output) of the Display/controller.

The Apevia usually comes with the case fans pre-connected and all you usually do is connect the one from the PSU. They must be cutting corners.

rccola2424

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011

Well that's the issue, the Display connectors are separate from the fan controller connector.
The display has a split female/male molex connector, and the fan controller, a completely separate connector, only has a male. So it has no place to plug in.

Edit:
So even though I didn't believe your idea would work, I went ahead and did it anyway.

PSU male> Display Female> Display male> Fan1 female> Fan1 male> Fan2 female> Fan2 male> Fan3 female> Fan3 male

Now the display and all of the fans are running. That's still good, okay, okay.
But, now I have the male connector for the fan controller just laying at the bottom of my case, and all the fans are running at top speed.