[SOLVED] New case fan issues

Haxorx21

Honorable
Dec 14, 2015
so I had an hp omen 880-139 pc, I moved it to the cougar panzer max case to help with temps. However, now when I turn it on, it says there was a malfunction with a system fan and any pwm fans and the cpu fan shoot up to 100%. I have no idea what is going on. Any help is much appreciated

Solution
I'd make sure that your CPU fan is plugged into the CPU_fan header on the motherboard. Same case with the case fans.... Replicate how HP had everything hooked up. Otherwise boot into BIOS....

Haxorx21

Honorable
Dec 14, 2015

cpu fan is plugged into the cpu header, I unplugged the fan controller and only had the fans that the hp came with connected. Still 100% speed on all of them. The bios doesn't allow me to control the fan speeds as it was a pre-built so it is locked. The only connectors that aren't on my new pc is hdd temperature sensors

Haxorx21

Honorable
Dec 14, 2015
I put them back in and the fans didnt ramp up to 100% but now my cpu fan isnt going higher than 1300rpm (stock intel cooler) even on high load. I have no clue why its doing that as in the old case my cpu would ramp the fan as temps went up