Build Advice New Case, Mother-Board, PSU

May 27, 2019
Hi I’ve got all these stuff

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Byxp7W

On an old motherboard and case I’d like to know if someone can please help me find a good Case, Mother-Board, PSU (that is compatible with these stuff) for around $250-350 USD that will have unlimited upgrade options in the future
Thanks a lot for your time, in advance

May 27, 2019
There is no way you can get unlimited upgrades. No matter what price you get, you cant upgrade the same motherboard forever. And electronics certainly won't last forever
Ok but i'd like something that i'd be able to eventualy upgrade the processor or the graphics card basically it should be able to take more then i'm giving right now
Thanks

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Get a fully modular PSU I would say a 2000 watt fully modular PSU and this is perfect to suit your processor upgrades that requires more power and since it's fully modular you can remove and plug in cables. Make sure it fits in your case.

If you have 250 to 350 usd then buy this, use your existing case/psu/gpu/ssd
When you get more money get a better PSU

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($145.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill - Flare X 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($81.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $307.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-27 07:53 EDT-0400

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Which motherboard exactly do you have because it's hard to suggest without the full component info and to see if all those you listed in pcpartpicker are compatible with the motherboard. Also consider the case... The bigger it is, the more hard drives you can install and since I recommend the PSU I mentioned to be full modular, you can just plug in more SATA cables in it.. please if you can post a picture of the motherboard so I can see for myself

May 27, 2019
If you have 250 to 350 usd then buy this, use your existing case/psu/gpu/ssd
When you get more money get a better PSU

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: ASRock - Fatal1ty B450 GAMING K4 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $307.97
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-27 07:53 EDT-0400
Hi thank you very much for replying the thing is that right now I’m using the Dell optiplex 7010 SFF it isn’t really designed for different motherboards or power supplies I have 32gb of ddr3 RAM (see the pcpartpicker list) it would be a shame to lose that and I’ve got the i7 processor I bought that originally to be supported by the low power supply that the optiplex has (there isn’t really any upgrade options for that) the case is small so it restricts the upgrade capabilities so that’s why I decided to look for a case, motherboard and power supply that would support all these things so if you can please find something for that it would be much appreciated.
I’m not an expert at these stuff 😀 so I wouldn’t know which motherboard is ok for the price I’m willing to pay

May 27, 2019
Which motherboard exactly do you have because it's hard to suggest without the full component info and to see if all those you listed in pcpartpicker are compatible with the motherboard. Also consider the case... The bigger it is, the more hard drives you can install and since I recommend the PSU I mentioned to be full modular, you can just plug in more SATA cables in it.. please if you can post a picture of the motherboard so I can see for myself
Hi thank you very much for replying the thing is that right now I’m using the Dell optiplex 7010 SFF it isn’t really designed for different motherboards or power supplies I have 32gb of ddr3 RAM (see the pcpartpicker list) it would be a shame to lose that and I’ve got the i7 processor I bought that originally to be supported by the low power supply that the optiplex has (there isn’t really any upgrade options for that) the case is small so it restricts the upgrade capabilities so that’s why I decided to look for a case, motherboard and power supply that would support all these things so if you can please find something for that it would be much appreciated.
I’m not an expert at these stuff 😀 so I wouldn’t know which motherboard is ok for the price I’m willing to pay

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
You can use the 32gb ram You must be using Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate to do this. If your OS is Windows 7 Premium, only 16GB of RAM will be recognized I'm not sure about windows 10 home/pro.
The CPU will work
GPU will work because it is a low profile one and it will fit in your case

May 27, 2019
You can either have 4 ram sticks at 4gb each or 2 sticks at 8gb but Google which slot you need to put it in.
So if you remove the other 16 gb from the list you will have 2x8gb which is fine and this gives you money for other things.
The CPU will work
GPU will work because it is a low profile one and it will fit in your case
Sorry for being so confusing, my motherboard right now has 4 slots and I have installed 32gb of ram.
The list that I sent here is of most the items that I’m using right now I just skipped the case motherboard and power supply because that’s right now the most necessary upgrades so I’m looking for an upgrade that will support the components that I’ve already got

Thanks a lot and sorry for being so confusing

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
For now, stick to your budget and use the 32gb. In Future when you have money you can upgrade the PSU and ram but I don't know if it's supports 64gb ram but you can try if you want to because I'm just giving some advice that you can choose to follow or not.

May 27, 2019
For now, stick to your budget and use the 32gb. In Future when you have money you can upgrade the PSU and ram but I don't know if it's supports 64gb ram but you can try if you want to because I'm just giving some advice that you can choose to follow or not.
So what should I do right now?
Because as I said before my case doesn’t have space to upgrade a psu it’s a small form factor

May 27, 2019
Or you could use the one you already have
That’s the whole point I’ve been looking for a sff psu upgrade but unfortunately there is no such a thing or at least not for my model computer and besides I don’t want just a psu I want a case motherboard and psu that will support what I’ve already got and it should be able to be upgradable for a processor and graphics card (when I’ll have enough money 😂)
It’s not just the psu
Thanks

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Then looks like if you want to upgrade everything then you need a more upgradeable motherboard and an ATX case.
BUT Futureproofing is kinda a hard thing to do due to the market always changing.

Haswell has released and that is top tier new stuff. Although I will be sticking with my Ivy Bridge CPU because the performance gains is not that good; that is my opinion. I am actually more interested in the new Motherboards which are z87 boards.

There are a lot of manufacturers out there spend time on Google because you know what best fits your needs

kerangovender

Commendable
Nov 26, 2017
Your socket is lga1155 which is a dead socket and the max is the i7 Ivy bridge 3770. So get a more recent socket type motherboard and a big case for all those upgrades. And if you are looking for more ram then look for a board with at least 4 slots for ram. Unless you want to stick to what you already have which isn't very upgradeable.

So what should I do right now?
Because as I said before my case doesn’t have space to upgrade a psu it’s a small form factor
Sell it all, get $300 and then add that to your pile of cash already and then get a computer for $650

PCPartPicker Part List

Storage: Western Digital - Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($64.87 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB XC GAMING Video Card ($264.99 @ B&H)
Case: Thermaltake - Versa N24 ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($41.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $719.80
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-05-27 13:16 EDT-0400