Question New Case No Power at all.? Help please?

HogCooter

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
MX330-X Case (Only thing new.)
X370 Gaming Pro Carbon MB
Cobra Power Raidmax 500 W power supply
Ryzen 7
Gamerstorm CPU Cooler
AMD Radeon rx6600
32 ddr4
WD blue 500 SSD
Sandisk 500 SSD

I had a perfectly working PC before. I got a new case and after hooking everything up, power supply does nothing. I have both powers hooked to MOBO.

I would think the power would at least come on even if it didn’t power everything up. My best thought is the case is broke, anyone have any suggestions?

MX330-X Case (Only thing new.)
X370 Gaming Pro Carbon MB
Cobra Power Raidmax 500 W power supply
Ryzen 7
Gamerstorm CPU Cooler
AMD Radeon rx6600
32 ddr4
WD blue 500 SSD
Sandisk 500 SSD

I had a perfectly working PC before. I got a new case and after hooking everything up, power supply does nothing. I have both powers hooked to MOBO.

I would think the power would at least come on even if it didn’t power everything up. My best thought is the case is broke, anyone have any suggestions?
How would case be "broken" ? More likely the PSU. Also possible you didn't mount MB properly and have a short to case somewhere, Assemble just minimum parts outside case

Reactions: HogCooter

HogCooter

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2012
First thing I would do is to check the front header connectors to be sure they are correctly installed. After that, would pull the power button connector loose (mobo side) and just short the pins to see if the power button on case is bad.
Thank you, I will check on
How would case be "broken" ? More likely the PSU. Also possible you didn't mount MB properly and have a short to case somewhere, Assemble just minimum parts outside case
[/

DSzymborski

Titan
Yeah, I'd suspect the PSU before anything. Why would you take a new RX 6600 and slap it on a horrifyingly cheap fake 500W PSU using a 20-year-old design? In typical Raidmax fashion, their priority was green paint rather than not using the absolute cheapest junk-tier Chinese parts they could find.

If the PC case's button is broken, consider it divine intervention to keep you from using that PSU.

DSzymborski

Titan
I tore it back down and setup my old system, it wouldn’t work then either. Went and bought a new power supply and now it is working perfectly.

Thanks to everyone!

Glad to hear it worked out!

Also hope that you bought a better-quality PSU. I'd hate to see you have to start a thread in a year about your dead GPU because you bought another cheap PSU.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech