Question New case questions (RGB)

BoSSPEED

Honorable
Oct 22, 2015
I just purchased a DF600 FLUX mid tower case and planning to add 6 more RGB fans from upHere in the case but I have some questions which I'm not sure of the answers. The case comes with a LED and PWN connector which can hold 6 connections, the upHere fans come with a RGB fan hub which can hold 6 connections, will all the RGB lights be synced up together? I assume they can but how will all be controlled? Will the remote provided with the upHere fans control them all or will it be controlled by the 'reset' switch on the case? Also would these be good fans to use on a radiator? They are the upHere SR12-06-6-uk 01.

TIA

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

There are likely a number of varying answers to your questions.....

However, what you must really do is to take a close read of the motherboard's documentation, the case documentation, and any other documentation associated with RGB fans, hubs, etc..

Unfortunately you cannot go by the commericial ads and other marketing materials that, more than likely, will leave the impression that all will happily work.

Details matter and RGB is very much a source of confusion just on its' own merits.

Read the documentation. In many cases, the documents will refer you back to the applicable manufacturer's websites for updated information.

Do that as well. Pay close attention to all warnings, notices, fine print, caveats, and so forth.

Then sketch out your planned installation of fans, hubs, connectors etc. down to the pin level.

Connectors are likely to be named differently as may the connections coming from the case or other components. There are standards to some extent but you cannot rely on all parties/components being immediately "plug and play".

And if there is a need for RGB related adapters be extra wary. "Compatible with xxxx" is a warning in itself. That may simply mean that Plug A will physically connect to Connection B. No guarantee that the end result will work.

Read the software documentation and the remote control documentation. Understand what can actually be controlled/configured and from where.

That all said, I will also suggest that you think about the overall build. For example: Are six fans really needed? And, if so, the actually physical installation also matters - otherwise all the fans could be fighting each other and the desired end cooling reduced.

Just my thoughts on the "bigger picture".

Not anti-RGB per se. But failing to make the proper connections and configurations may, at best, simply not work.

At worst there are sparks, pops, and smoke.....

BoSSPEED

Honorable
Oct 22, 2015
Oh wow this is more complicated than I thought. My aim was to get all the components except the CPU, MOBO and GPU. I was waiting to see what Intel 11th gen offers and GPU is a whole mess at the moment. So it is very difficult to answer, my aim was to keep the original 3 ARGB fans mounted on the front of the case (included LED and PWN connector with the case) then add the 6 upHere RGB fans to the included upHere RGB fan hub, 3 of which will replace the radiator fans, 1 on rear and 2 on PSU shroud. Also not sure if the upHere fans are good enough for the radiator. I was inclined to believe both hubs had to be installed and the 3 ARGB case fans can only be paired with the included PWN connector/hub and the 6 RGB upHere fans would need to be connected to the upHere hub and there would be no issue.

BoSSPEED

Honorable
Oct 22, 2015
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

The PC has not been built yet but will be running W10, this is what I've come up with so far on PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/TdfPNP, it is missing the CPU, MOBO and GPU. The fans on PCPP are not correct just used it as a placeholder these are the ones which I'm talking about https://www.amazon.co.uk/upHere-control-Computer-Radiators-SR12-06-6/dp/B08F9VZLGG/. The PSU that I will go with is either a Corsair RM850 or ADATA XPG 850W Core, both will new.

However, what you must really do is to take a close read of the motherboard's documentation, the case documentation, and any other documentation associated with RGB fans, hubs, etc..

Unfortunately you cannot go by the commericial ads and other marketing materials that, more than likely, will leave the impression that all will happily work.

Details matter and RGB is very much a source of confusion just on its' own merits.

Read the documentation. In many cases, the documents will refer you back to the applicable manufacturer's websites for updated information.

I don't currently have the MOBO in mind yet because waiting to see what Intel brings out first before I decide if I will go 10th gen or 11th gen. If there was a board that I'm looking at now, it is the ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus.

This makes it more complicated but to rephrase my question the DF600 flux comes with a built in controller that can have up to 6 ARGB fans connected to it, the upHere fans also comes with a controller which I believe is connected by SATA cable directly to the PSU, I want to know if there is any possible way I can get the 6 upHere fans and the Antec fans to sync up together, I've heard of daisy-chaining but not sure what that means and what connectors must be paired together, can the upHere be chained to the included DF600 controller? What connector would I buy to do that? Is there any issue if the Antec fans are ARGB and the upHere is RGB? Do they all have to be ARGB fans? That's one question, the other is if the upHere fans are good enough to use on a radiator, I plan on having it as exhaust but not sure if the static pressure is okay to do that job. From my understanding the high the pressure the better.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: There is ARGB fans also https://www.amazon.co.uk/upHere-Cooling-Airflow-Computer-PF1207-5/dp/B07VQF34K2

Last edited: