[SOLVED] New Case

jtoya85

Honorable
Feb 27, 2018
Can anyone recommend an mATX case that has some good airflow? I'd like to not spend more than $100 if I can, but can be flexible depending on the case. I'm currently using the Thermaltake S100 and with that I have 2x120mm fans under my graphics card pointing upward, with space for airflow, to give the graphics card some more cooling while I'm gaming. That seems janky to me but it kind of works. I was looking at the Fractal Design Meshify C Mini but I noticed that the HDD cage was over the place that is said to hold a 120mm fan on the bottom and can't find any review that talks about possibly removing the drive cage for the fan but still have a single 3.5" HDD still installed somewhere. I was also looking at the Thermaltake Core V21 but that looks like it might be too big for the space that I have. I'd also like to not have to buy more fans and keep the 200mm somewhere in there, even though it isn't PWM. I have a bunch of 120mm fans but if I can find something that can use the fans that I am currently using, or at least some to where I don't have to spend more money, that'd be great.

the parts I have currently:
Thermaltake S100 Case
MSI MAG B550M Mortar
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with extra 120mm (push/pull)
AMD R5 3600
2x16GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3600MHz CL16
EVGA RTX 3060 TI FTW3 Ultra
Seasonic Focus GM-750
2x140mm in front
1x200mm top
2x120mm under graphics card
1x120mm rear

Solution
Honestly not seeing anything too wrong with the case you have now. Fairly typical design. A lot of the smaller Mid-Towers might be worth looking into, that would get you more room under the GPU, and certainly more 3.5" drive potentials.

Not very many chassis support 200mm fans, so you can probably scrap that idea.

Fractal Design Mini probably does have to remove the drive cage for the 120mm fan in the bottom, wouldn't do much for the GPU given the basement structure.

Me personally, would start ditching 3.5" drives for larger SATA SSDs. Turn the hard drive into an external backup solution. Plenty of room on the back of most motherboard trays for an SSD or two.

I don't have a good answer for you, but to keep looking at other Micro ATX...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Honestly not seeing anything too wrong with the case you have now. Fairly typical design. A lot of the smaller Mid-Towers might be worth looking into, that would get you more room under the GPU, and certainly more 3.5" drive potentials.

Not very many chassis support 200mm fans, so you can probably scrap that idea.

Fractal Design Mini probably does have to remove the drive cage for the 120mm fan in the bottom, wouldn't do much for the GPU given the basement structure.

Me personally, would start ditching 3.5" drives for larger SATA SSDs. Turn the hard drive into an external backup solution. Plenty of room on the back of most motherboard trays for an SSD or two.

I don't have a good answer for you, but to keep looking at other Micro ATX chassis that you might like and see what you come up with.

Solution