New Commuy Manager

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Also fix all these damn errors/warnings:
4262137107_088dd6d595_b.jpg

tecmo34

Administrator

^+1... I like that concept :)

You could link all of or majority of the stickies there, which provide majority of the how to's or information needed for a poster to get them their answers or the best method to ask questions. Also, maybe a thread on where to post what type of question where. I see many new build questions under the CPU section, when it should be under the Home Built section (as an example).

Depends what you mean by veteran...

I think there is alot of legacy components to this forum and that some, outside of the main hardware section probably could be streamlined a bit.. Having one place where people can see new posts can sometimes be better than 3 but then again it could also become confusing as to the purpose a section may then serve.

To start off with:

Get rid of Aopen, Chaintech, Epox, FIC, Soyo in the "Mother board & Memory" section. Those motherboard manufactures are DEAD.

Under the Graphics card section:
Re name: "TV/Video Cards" to "TV Tuners".
Get rid of: Matrox

Get rid of:
"Toms Networking" under the "Network" section.

"Windows 95/98/ME" under "Software"

tecmo34

Administrator

Don't given in so quickly... TheGreatGrapeApe can't get to far in his little car, so you should be safe from him as long as you keep moving. :D

pat mcgroin

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2007
Please get rid of the Kontera and Intellitxt ads.

There is nothing more irritating than trying to read something and those damn little ads pop up and block it.

It rates as high as biting you cheek while you are eating.

randomizer

Champion

I think the ball would be in France's court in that regard. I don't see it happening.

i don't see this happening either. There's actually reasons for not having an edit button.

Welcome jpishgar.

As one of the more "responsible" users (gulp) I try hard to add a bit of humour to the forum ... often failing though.

Sometimes it is in short supply, particularly when a few individuals start getting stuck into others, and that includes attacking the moderators.

Your pretty lucky at present as the current crew of moderators are all experienced, patient, and are quite helpful and have a positive effect on the forums ... a fewmore wouldn't go astray ... as not all are conncected to the net 24/7 like JD and randomizer.

AFG might make a good mod ... having a female mod would certainly attract more women to the site / forums ... random could whip her into shape.

I would like you to consider IP bans for users who have repeatedly "ressurected" after being booted with a new username ... only to continue to annoy and harass others.

Most of the users with more than 1000 posts (prior to the changeover) are in general probably a bit hard done by with the recent change to the ranking system ... see Badge for more on this as he has made this a personal mission to offer you some improvements.

Consider TheVipers ideas for improvements as they are sound too, as are shadows, and strangestranger.

We (well me and SS) also miss the "Other" section - recently renamed "Old men / Women", then made invisible to the n00bs. The users who posted there were some of our best ... alas many moved on to semiaccurate as Charlie D offered to help us out.

Quite a few of the journo's (Hacks) have user accounts here at THG ...

I think it is still (check and let me know) ranked 2nd for techforums ... interesting if you could post some stats.

Anyway ... welcome ... hope you enjoy the new job.

Don and Chris are my current favourite contributing writers ...

Your lack of social skills simply reinforces the validity of my original assertion.

Would you like to buy another card ... or fold SS?

:kaola:

randomizer

Champion

There's hardly room for that in the comments, unless it was formatted quite differently. You can actually edit your comments (not on Tom's Guide) if you know where they are :sol: