[SOLVED] New computer advice needed (current ideas written down)

norbot

Commendable
May 16, 2016
Hey!

I'm planning to build a new computer fairly soon, which I would use for mostly gaming, (and maybe sometimes streaming them). I'll try to write down what I'm thinking about the parts right now (I will use EUR, but I'm from Hungary, so I tried to convert from HUF to EUR when talking about money). Any feedback is appreciated, even to just one part, not the whole setup!

CPU (max. ~€250):
Currently I have a 7 year old i5-2550K @ 3.5 Ghz.
The Ryzen ones look pretty promising and cost efficient. I'm currently thinking about the 1700, 2600 or 2600X.
Im leaning towards the 1700, because i heard you can overclock it to ~3.7 GHz safely with the stock cooler. (Please correct me if im wrong!) But the other two are newer generations, and they have higher stock frequencies (but less cores), so im really not sure here. Also, I'm thinking about waiting for the 3000 series, because they should drop in half a year if im right.

MOBO (max. ~€120):
Currently have a GA-B75M-D3H, so I will need another one.
I don't really know what to look out for, I hope you can help me out with this!

RAM (max. ~€125):
Currently have 16 GB of 4 random DDR3 1333 Mhz sticks.
I was thinking about 2x8 GB DDR4 2666 Mhz (there are tons of these though, so I'm not sure if going with one of the cheapest ones is fine), because 16 GB should be enough, dual-channel for more performance, and afaik ryzen 1700 only manages 2666, + it barely fits in the budget.

GPU:
Currently I have a GTX 960 4GB, and I think I'll stick with it for another year, because I have to upgrade the other parts first.

PSU:
I have an FSP Hyper 700W already, and if I'm right i'll be fine with that.

HDD/SSD:
Have a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, and a 1 TB HDD, I can stick to them. (Maybe an M.2 one later would help in performance?)

Also, I think I should buy the CPU/MOBO/RAM first, and then a new GPU, because my current setup would heavily bottleneck a GPU near the €275 range, am I right on this?
I would only like to spend €500 at this time, so I cannot do both right now. I could also wait for the new Ryzens, and by then I could buy them at the same time.

Thank you for your answers in advance, and sorry for the lengthy post, I just wanted to make it the clearest I could!

Well the amd 3000's i would think will come in over 350 usd
The 2700x ranges from 279.00 to 319.00 now.
Also the ryzen cpu's run on ddr4 you can get 16gb g.skill trident z 3200 2x8 from 139.00 to 179.00
if you decide to build amd stay away gigabyte's entre level x470 aorus ultra gaming mobo.
They were busted saying the vrm's power phase is 8+3 when they are 4+3.
Your gtx 960 could be a bottleneck depending on what you intend on using the system for.
I'm running a 2600x being a 6core it stomps my old fx8350 @4.5ghz deep into the dirt.
Good luck.