New computer and Want to upgrade but I am new to it. Can anyone give a look

Jul 26, 2018
I just bought an HP OMEN 880 160se with specs
•16 GB NVMe™M.2 SSD with Intel® Optane™ technology
•Black Interior Paint; External 3.5" Bay; Air Cooling Solution (65w Processor)
•Office Trial
•BU ICTO UMA Z370
•8 GB memory
•8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7+ 8700 (Core™ i7 and Intel® Optane™ memory)
It was literally delivered yesterday and I'm obsessed because I want to make it the best it can be. I was wondering what I should Upgrade? I am a nurse and can afford pretty decent hardware. I am aware the RAM should be about 16gb and I should upgrade to a SSD SATA Hard drive but not sure which to do first.
Also for the SSD upgrade, would it replace the 1TB HDD?, 16 GB NVME? or would it be its own entity on the motherboard? as you can tell I am pretty new to the PC world.
Would a 500GB SSD addition be sufficent for someone who just plays computer games and maybe used the microsoft office suite?

I see that it already got a gtx 1070 as the min spe'ed gpu. What's the ur monitor specs? Maybe you should get a g sync monitor.

Regarding the ram upgrade, first check if it's a 1x8gb or 2x4gb. Then check the ram specs.

U should always have dual channel rams. And buy a ram kit with the same ram timings (preferably the same ram model)

Next upgrade is to get a better cpu cooler. If that omen still has a stock Intel heatsink, throw that out and try something like the cryorig h5 or Scythe Mugen 5. Check for cpu cooler height clearance and ram height clearance. You wouldn't want the side panel to interfere with the cooler and the ram sticks to interfere with the fans in the cooler.

Jul 26, 2018

Thanks for the quick reply. So i have for a monitor 23.6:" 4ms 144hz acer curved monitor with AMD FreeSync. I believe the Freesync is the same as the G sync but I could be wrong. Once again im a nurse first and amateur computer/gamer enthusiast second hahaha.
The Ram is 2x4 gb ripjaws but I know I should upgrade at some point to 2x8 gb and have been scoping around amazon for them.
The cooler is the first I have heard of and am very interested in that. Is there any quick site I can look up compatible coolers for my cpu?
Again I literally have nobody who has more knowledge than the little I already do so any little bit helps.

U can't use g sync in a non g sync monitor. Nvidia proprietary thingy.

But u can use Nvidia fast sync for fps more than 144hz

Use HWinfo to know ur ram timings and get the same exact kit. So after upgrade u will have 4x4gb of the same ram sticks. And since it's z370 mobo, u can try for higher ram timings with xmp profile.

The stock Intel heatsink will have Intel logo.

Head to pcpartpicker.com but u won't be able to choose that hp case. Hence the measurements.