Question new computer bad upload and download speeds compared to rest of computers in house

Apr 13, 2019
So i bought a new gaming pc and its upload speeds are averaging around 200 up and 10 down while i have another laptop/phone pulling around 700 down and 40 up on wifi and the laptop will pull 950ish and 50 up when plugged in, have tried both wired and wireless on new pc and get same results even tried plugging in a wifi adapter and got same speeds have updated all drivers and tried various changes and cant get anywhere.

ASrock b360m ib-r motherboard
intel 1219-v

Since it affect both ethernet and wifi I would suspect something like a browser issue or something similar.

If you can try to copy files between 2 machines in your house. You can watch the rates in the network tab of the resource monitor. Be careful some are in BYTES/sec and other are in BITS/sec. The other options is a old line mode tool called IPERF. You run it between 2 of your machines and it should get well over 900mbps when things are working properly. It is a extremely simplistic program. It is not affected by cpu/memory or disk. It pretty much just tests the network interface and the drivers. This is mostly done to eliminate some possibilities and try to guess which software is the cause.

So i bought a new gaming pc and its upload speeds are averaging around 200 up and 10 down while i have another laptop/phone pulling around 700 down and 40 up on wifi and the laptop will pull 950ish and 50 up when plugged in, have tried both wired and wireless on new pc and get same results even tried plugging in a wifi adapter and got same speeds have updated all drivers and tried various changes and cant get anywhere.

ASrock b360m ib-r motherboard
intel 1219-v

Could be an app running in backgrpund sucking up bandwidth with updates or bad wifi connection

You need to determine your connection speed to determine if its a bad wifi signal. Just because you bought an ac1200 adapter does it mean you get 1200mbps. It may be as low as 150mbps if the signal is bad.

Latest posts