[SOLVED] "new" computer barely connects to wifi

MaddisonGamer6

Reputable
Feb 17, 2016
so I've bought a "new" refurbished computer, my router is on the other side of the house and I can't even detect the network from my room, even when I walk right up to the router with the laptop I'll get 2 bars max. I used a USB wifi adapter and this worked for a bit but it's stopped. the computer has been upgraded to SSD and Windows 10, all up to date. it's perfect in every aspect except wifi, which is the most important part for me! now, the old hp computer I've had for 5 years only gets 2 bars from my room and yet has lightning-fast speed and rarely cuts out! its not an up-to-date computer by any means, and its actually literally falling apart! so, is this an issue with my wifi or should I inquire with the company I bought my "new" laptop from and ask for a refund?

Solution
At the point where you brought that box up there should be a large list of component groups, one of those groups will be networking, what's the detail in there.

What i'm thinking is that the network card is old and only covering A/B wifi styles, and not the newer standards (although it's not old from a CPU standpoint. )
At the point where you brought that box up there should be a large list of component groups, one of those groups will be networking, what's the detail in there.

What i'm thinking is that the network card is old and only covering A/B wifi styles, and not the newer standards (although it's not old from a CPU standpoint. )

Solution