Question New computer blue screens frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreyjasChosen

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
Hi all, unfortunately the computer that I built a few months ago has been unstable. I get 2-3 blue screens of death a day while I'm using it, especially while playing games. The errors range from KERNEL_SECURITY_FAILURE to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT to an IRQL message. Sometimes the computer doesn't crash entirely but just crashes the game I'm playing. I'm thinking I might have to switch back to an older computer if this one doesn't start stabilizing, so I need everyone's advice. I've got the latest motherboard BIOS installed (0805) and the latest graphics drivers. I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. I have the option to upgrade to Windows 11 for free.

Here's my system specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
computer shows both AMD Radeon graphics on-board and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti graphics card
Motherboard is ASUSTeK ROG CROSSHAIR X670E EXTREME Rev 1.xx
Memory is DDR5 32GB (2 x 16GB Samsung G.Skill)
Storage is 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVME
Cooling fans are Noctua NH-D15
PSU is Seasonic Prime TX-1600 80+ Titanium
Case is Fractal Design Torrent

I also tried running 3DMark yesterday. The benchmarks performed successfully but the stress test failed on the first pass, so there's clearly something unstable about my machine. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

FreyjasChosen

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
I "upgraded" to Windows 11 to see if that would help, and it instantly gave me a blue screen. I'm running Core Temp and it's showing 77-82 degrees Celsius while trying to run 3DMark, so I ordered an All-In-One cooler to replace the Noctua fans. I don't think my computer is running cool enough.

I "upgraded" to Windows 11 to see if that would help, and it instantly gave me a blue screen. I'm running Core Temp and it's showing 77-82 degrees Celsius while trying to run 3DMark, so I ordered an All-In-One cooler to replace the Noctua fans. I don't think my computer is running cool enough.
Temps see fine for that load. I'd download memtest86 to USB and let it run a few passes. Any more than zero faults is total fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.