I am running a
I7-4770k
Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H ATX LGA1150
120GB SSD Kingston
1tb HDD 7200 RPM
R9 280x Radeon Card
8GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
700W PSU

My problem is i just went through and installed Windows 7 on the machine now every time after i install windows 7 on it the machine finishes the install, boots up to windows and then starts up gets to desktop for about 5 seconds and then shuts down. After turning off the computer continues to crash however it does make it to bios it does no past that after installing windows. If your reinstall windows it is the same thing.

Solution
G
Try booting into Safe Mode, and see if the problem persits. Press F8 at stratup. If you see the "Starting Windows" screen, you will have missed your oppurtunity to enter the boot menu. If so, restart and keep hitting F8 until you see a screen which has many options. One of these will have "Safe Mode". Highlight this and hit enter. Windows will now load.

More about Safe Mode
Safe Mode is Windows whre it only loads the bare required drivers and files for the Operating System (OS). In this case, the OS is Windows 7.

I'd also try to see if you can load the Fail-Safe Defaults in BIOS (Basic Input-Output System). What is your motherboard?

Your PC may be overheating; thus shutting down. Check the CPU tempreature in BIOS.
Hope this helps...

dalwilson

Honorable
Oct 17, 2013
The PSU is a OCZ 700W it should be more then enough to power it, and the computer went and did a shut down phase as if you were turning off windows. I Selected the SSD on where it should be installed i would assume the AHCI drivers were in place. As i said after installing it would start configuring ask me for username and password input and then take me to desktop, and then say windows is shutting down. turn off and then continue crashing.

G

Try booting into Safe Mode, and see if the problem persits. Press F8 at stratup. If you see the "Starting Windows" screen, you will have missed your oppurtunity to enter the boot menu. If so, restart and keep hitting F8 until you see a screen which has many options. One of these will have "Safe Mode". Highlight this and hit enter. Windows will now load.

More about Safe Mode
Safe Mode is Windows whre it only loads the bare required drivers and files for the Operating System (OS). In this case, the OS is Windows 7.

I'd also try to see if you can load the Fail-Safe Defaults in BIOS (Basic Input-Output System). What is your motherboard?

Your PC may be overheating; thus shutting down. Check the CPU tempreature in BIOS.
Hope this helps
AKNerd

Solution

TRENDING THREADS