New computer build for gaming and animation

Southpawlegend

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
Okay so here's the lowdown in 2011 I built a budget gaming pc with an
i3 sandy bridge (not sure of specific model can look later)
Asus micro atx board
4gb of Kingston ram
Evga 550ti
And an all in one CPU liquid cooler

I planned to upgrade for the future but here is my dilemma

I use my computer for gaming aswell as working with blender (animation) So naturally I want more power

Basically I want to get as much as I can out of a little bit of cash (trying to keep under 700)

I know I need new CPU
Graphics
Ram
Maybe mobo
I just need help deciding

Southpawlegend

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013

For the most part yes but selling off the pc is not an option I've considered selling parts and have buyers for the graphics / CPU/ mobo but not untill i can replace the parts being sold.

If I were to pick a 8320-8350 depending on sales what would be a good mobo with lots of room for future ram / gpu upgrade

Also the gpu has to be nvidia because blenders gpu acceleration is only works with nvidia cuda cores

For an 8350 with a good overclock you really want a 990FX board with at least 8+2 power phase. Gigabyte UD3 (Rev 4.0 only), UD5, UD7, Asus Sabretooth and ASRock Extreme9 are good options. You also want a good cooler. Noctua NHD14 or Phantekx TC14PE are very good options for air, with Cooler Master Seidon and Corsair H100i for liquid. NZXT X60 is also good for liquid cooling but requires 2x140mm fan openings and not all cases support that.

For an 8350 @ stock to light OC (* Something like 4.4GHz on stock voltage is do-able) you can go with a 970 board and a Cooler master Hyper 212 EVO.

Southpawlegend

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013

I have a antec kuhler 620 water cooler currently in a push pull with 140 cougar fans (over kill for an i3 right was on sale for 30$) would this be enough for a decent 8350 overclock? http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/antec_kuhler_h20_620_review/3.htm

On to the gpu I need the max memory / performance I can get from one card for cheap and I was thinking evga 760 4gb or a cheap 770 if I can find one

Edit: edit nevermind