Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013
i recently built a computer with these specs:

mobo: GA-F2A85X-UP4
cpu: amd a10 5800k
RAM: Patriot Memory Viper 3 Series Venom Red DDR3 8GB 1866MHz
PSU: Cooler Master GX - 750W 80 PLUS Bronze
case: cooler master elite 430

i'm running my OS off of a Crucial M4 SSD. i store nearly all my programs and files on a Seagate TB HDD. since i've had my computer it has restarted randomly 3 times, each of those times being when nothing intensive was running (chrome, skype, etc). this may just be a coincidence, but it seems like it happens when i go to do something with the front ports on my case. the last time it happened, it restarted after i unplugged my ipod usb cable, and the times before it i remember moving my hand towards my headphones jack or another usb cable and it restarted. its just a feeling, but i don't know if maybe the case is faulty and is causing a restart from its front ports somehow. the only other problem i've had with this computer is that the cpu is running a little hot...here's a thread i made about it for some info

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-1626055/running-video-card-cpu-idling-55c.html

any suggestions as to what is causing the reboot? i unchecked a setting in windows to not automatically restart if there was an error, but since then it has still done it. i've left my computer on for much longer times than it has been on when it happens, so something makes me think it doesn't have to do with overheating, but i'm honestly clueless. any help will be much appreciated!

whitegarden

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2013

i'm not sure. it's done this in more than one location though, so i think that may rule out a problem with the wall socket.