New computer build starts but no signal blank screen

Leoisblown

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016
I just put together my new build with all new parts: Asus Maximus Viii Extreme motherboard, Xeon E3 1275v5 LGA 1151 processor, G. Skill tridentz DDR4 3733 RAMM, Samsung SSD 850 pro. My power supply, Corsair AX860, is about 6 months old which was powering up my old rig without any problems. As i've tried to install an OS using an USB flashdrive my new build doesn't send a signal to my monitor using its HDMI port. My mother board lights up as I switch on my power supply, both the CPU and Power Supply fans turn on but quickly turn off as well as the rest of the lights and QR Code 00 which isn't used. Now I noticed when I have the 8 pin EATX12 V power plug disconnected the computer starts up just fine without any fans or lights turning off and QR code stays on at 00. This is my first build with all new parts so I'm not sure what I have or haven't done right. I'm now just trying to start up my rig with little to none peripherals to at least start the bios setup before installing the rest.

Solution
Sorry for slow reply. Not sure where in the Wolrd you are but it was v late here. Yeah 00 basically means the board completely failed to initialize POST, so it indicates a serious issue somewhere. And you have put your finger on it. That CPU is not supported by that board. You arent going to get any further with that chip sadly.

Leoisblown

Commendable
Dec 26, 2016

In the motherboard manual the QR code 00 is described as "Not Used." And yes they are properly attached. i've even connected as 8pin, only half of 8pin, and seperate 4pin as it gives the options to do so in the manual. I just checked the CPU and no pins bent that I saw. Could it be the processor i'm trying to use with this motherboard?

Sorry for slow reply. Not sure where in the Wolrd you are but it was v late here. Yeah 00 basically means the board completely failed to initialize POST, so it indicates a serious issue somewhere. And you have put your finger on it. That CPU is not supported by that board. You arent going to get any further with that chip sadly.

Solution