New computer build, you guessed it no post! Any advice please help.

Dec 15, 2018
Hey guys,
So I have a new computer build issue with no post!

This has been my first build in a long time (almost 20yrs) so re learning some old skills with modern tech.

So no signal from HDMI, from GPU, or mother board. Removed GPU to try just mother board and vga, still nothing. Tried one stick of ram, in each slot and swapped ram in all configuration I can think of. CPU is seated correctly and check and double checked to ensure no damage to pins etc...

Any ideas? At this point I’m willing to sacrifice a goat to the computer gods...!

Have done my best to clear CMOS, and double check all cables, and cards are all connected correctly.

Link to vid about comp.
https://youtu.be/9C-_64xSXJE

Specs:
Asus prime B350 plus motherboard

Ryzen 5, 2400g CPU.

Gigabyte Radeon rx560.

2 ddr4 G.skill Ripjaw 2400 ram

750w power supply... eBay buy can’t remember brand

Seagate 3T HD

KIngston a400 250g SSD (currently not connected)

Solution
Some AMD B350 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Raven Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions

yorben_vandyck

Prominent
Mar 20, 2018
Some AMD B350 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Raven Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions

Solution
Dec 15, 2018
Is there a way to check the version of my bios, without getting a post? I know it needs to be above 3202, and I have the current bios version on a USB ready to update.... just need to know what the current bios is, to know if that’s my issue!!!

Dec 15, 2018
I read on another post on here that the barcode on the MOBO, contains the version of the bios. I have one on here with 4 digits seperate, 0902... could that be my version.. I know I’m grasping at straws.

Dec 15, 2018
So it seems that yes, I did need to update the bios. However there was a fault in the MOBO, so in the end I had to swap it out.

Contacted supplier and they offer a free bios update service. But it wouldn’t take any connection etc.

Replaced with a new MOBO, slightly small one unfortunately but I’m up and running.

Thanks so much for all your help and suggestions!