Question New computer build

fozzer14

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
Hi so I am building a new system it will boot but it will not display. I have checked the manual and am using the slots that are required for the ram I have checked the processor is seated right. I am using an amd Ryzen 7 5700x processor and I don't think it is supported on the bios it is sold with but I have tried to flash it but it still does not seem to want to boot. I know it is the the right socket for the processor am4. Any help as I have been on this all day and I don't know why. The only thing I can think of is I have not got a CPU cooler I am getting one tomorrow but thought it would boot without it not recommended but as I am getting it tomorrow. Any help much appreciated thanks in advance

My specs

Amd Ryzen 7 5700x
Gigabyte B550M DS3H
Corsair vengeance ddr4 16gb
Gigabyte Radeon rx 6650 xt
Corsair power supply

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
This motherboard appears to ship with BIOS rev F1. You need F14 for that CPU.

It states it has the ability to utilize "Q Flash" without the CPU, memory or GPU. Did you follow those steps?
Also important to read through your BIOS notes to be sure there isn't a "bridge BIOS" that needs to be installed before moving to higher revisions.

My recommend would be to check over those BIOS steps again. Otherwise, I would take a look at the CPU compatibility list and purchase the least expensive 3xxx level of Athlon (etc.) that you can find to attempt to boot from and then check the BIOS parameters.

fozzer14

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
Hi I have tried with the q flash but I still cant get it to boot I am worried I may have damaged something probably the board as when I try to power just the board it wont power on as that is all that is needed for flashing the board but when I try with cpu and ram it powers on what could this be thanks