UntamableWhiskers

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
Hello, bought and built a new pc for myself

PARTS LIST HERE https://pcpartpicker.com/list/K7C78M

View: https://imgur.com/a/D1QFDdZ

this should be a link to the screen shoots i took from its speeds

Can someone please help me with this! and get it set to a GOOD speed

I updated all the drivers for MOBO, CPU, GPU, intel ethernet, (i dont think ramm has a driver)

In bios i have set the ramm speed to 3200 thats its tho i didnt check or click any other boxes.

Maybe thats why XMP is only on slot 4?

I also DO have AMD ryzen master but looks very weird to use and i checked there and my ram is set to 1600 mhz ? maybe thats the reason also?

Thanks you very much

Alex

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
The DDR in DDR4 stands for double data rate. That means for 3200 transfers the clock speed is set to 1600. It is correctly listed in CPUz
The SPD page is not showing motherboard slots. It is showing memory timings that the factory programmed into the DIMMs.

Your CPU clock speed should vary. It is doing what it is supposed to.

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
the cpu can go up or down in speed, it depends on the load applied, if nothing is done, it will reduce speed to reduce power consumption, reduce heat and reduce noise generated by the cpu fan spinning fast for no reason, the 4000mhz speed reflected on some pictures is normal, it can go up to 4200 if required on some cores, the base speed is 3600mhz but it can co as low as 1800 iirc, perhaps even more, cpu decides that in base of load and temperature

ram says there 1599.6 mhz, remember that it is memory ddr, that means double data rate, so multiply by two

you get 3200mhz baically, the kit you bought is ballistix ddr4 3200, so it is the correct value

UntamableWhiskers

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
the cpu can go up or down in speed, it depends on the load applied, if nothing is done, it will reduce speed to reduce power consumption, reduce heat and reduce noise generated by the cpu fan spinning fast for no reason, the 4000mhz speed reflected on some pictures is normal, it can go up to 4200 if required on some cores, the base speed is 3600mhz but it can co as low as 1800 iirc, perhaps even more, cpu decides that in base of load and temperature

ram says there 1599.6 mhz, remember that it is memory ddr, that means double data rate, so multiply by two

you get 3200mhz baically, the kit you bought is ballistix ddr4 3200, so it is the correct value
Okay so everything looks good then? how about why is the slot 4 the only XMP ?

what about the CAS time thats totally wrong!

and i thought each ramm stick would be 3200.

this is a link to the new picture i added from amd ryzen master View: https://imgur.com/a/D1QFDdZ

UntamableWhiskers

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
The DDR in DDR4 stands for double data rate. That means for 3200 transfers the clock speed is set to 1600. It is correctly listed in CPUz
The SPD page is not showing motherboard slots. It is showing memory timings that the factory programmed into the DIMMs.

Your CPU clock speed should vary. It is doing what it is supposed to.
Thank you for your comment

Okay so everything looks good then? how about why is the slot 4 the only XMP ?

what about the CAS time thats totally wrong!

and i thought each ramm stick would be 3200.

this is a link to the new picture i added from amd ryzen master View: https://imgur.com/a/D1QFDdZ

atljsf

Honorable
BANNED
basically, all is well, doing what is supposed to do, or perhaps abit more, so, enjoy the pc

the only confusing parameter is the jedec mentioned, but if cpu z reports ddr at 1600mhz, that is what matters

my question about slots used, remember that some motherboards will ask you to use specific ram slots, to get a performance boost by using dual channel each ram stick on its own channel, on some motherboards is 2 and 4, others is 0 and 2, check your motherboard to be sure you installed it properly, on the right slot, i once installed it worng, and xmp was not available, pc almost refused to turn on, so is important to use the right ram slot

UntamableWhiskers

Honorable
Jan 18, 2014
basically, all is well, doing what is supposed to do, or perhaps abit more, so, enjoy the pc

the only confusing parameter is the jedec mentioned, but if cpu z reports ddr at 1600mhz, that is what matters

my question about slots used, remember that some motherboards will ask you to use specific ram slots, to get a performance boost by using dual channel each ram stick on its own channel, on some motherboards is 2 and 4, others is 0 and 2, check your motherboard to be sure you installed it properly, on the right slot, i once installed it worng, and xmp was not available, pc almost refused to turn on, so is important to use the right ram slot
thank you

yes in slot a2 and b2