[SOLVED] new computer cant connect to internett

Dec 11, 2019
build myself a new computer, after i installed windows i could ot connect to the internett. i tried DL drivers for my moherbord from msi but nothing works
motherboard :msi mpg z390 gaming carbon

Solution
The driver download from the MSI support page is a zip file, which means you can manually install the driver from the extracted folder. So what you need to do is extract the files to a folder and then in device manager, right click the unknown device and click update driver. Click on browse computer for driver and then navigate to the folder you extracted the files to and select the path PRO1000\Winx64\NDIS68 and click next after selecting NDIS68 (this is the windows 10 driver folder.) If that was network adapter, it should be functioning now, but if it wasn't correct, try the same procedure with the unknown PCI device.
Nov 26, 2019

Under andre enheter (other devices) you see ukjent enhet (unknown device)? Is that your network card (nettverksenhet) ?

I haven't done this in a long time, but you should be able to find your network card or ethernet adaptor listed in the device manager. Right now, you have three unknown devices listed and it could be one of them.

If that unknown device is your network card, you might have to right-click it and click install driver, which you would get from mother board manufacturer website (or the driver disc that came with your mother board).

Dec 11, 2019
Under andre enheter (other devices) you see ukjent enhet (unknown device)? Is that your network card (nettverksenhet) ?

I haven't done this in a long time, but you should be able to find your network card or ethernet adaptor listed in the device manager. Right now, you have three unknown devices listed and it could be one of them.

If that unknown device is your network card, you might have to right-click it and click install driver, which you would get from mother board manufacturer website (or the driver disc that came with your mother board).
not sure but 1 off them is my portabel hardisk and i think one of the other ones is my nzxt cooler, aint this "drivers"?

Dec 11, 2019
"WD SES Device USB Device" is your portable HDD, yes.

I'm not sure how the NZXT cooler shows up in device manager if drivers aren't installed. Does Windows see it as a PCI device (enjet)?
but if i need drivers for them to show why would my internett show up there? i cant install the drivers for it
i dont know what it would mean if 1 of hem een was te internett

Nov 26, 2019
but if i need drivers for them to show why would my internett show up there? i cant install the drivers for it

You don't need drivers for Windows to show the unknown device in this list. Windows knows that there is a device connected, but doesn't know how to use it properly. That's why there's an "unknown devices" section of the Device Manager.

Windows will list items in that "unknown devices" section that it needs drivers for. A driver is (usually) a single file with a set of instructions that tells Windows how to use the device properly.

Do you have a disc that came with the motherboard? That disc should have network card (ethernet) drivers on it.

Reactions: TJ Hooker
Dec 11, 2019
You don't need drivers for Windows to show the unknown device in this list. Windows knows that there is a device connected, but doesn't know how to use it properly. That's why there's an "unknown devices" section of the Device Manager.

Windows will list items in that "unknown devices" section that it needs drivers for. A driver is (usually) a single file with a set of instructions that tells Windows how to use the device properly.

Do you have a disc that came with the motherboard? That disc should have network card (ethernet) drivers on it.
ofc but no cdrom, so i get the drivers from the link above but they dont work