New computer displays nothing on startup

vanillaice

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Hi guys, yesterday I built a new computer but it displays nothing on the monitor when I turn it on. My equipment is...
Motherboard: Asus rog strix b350
GPU: and R9 390
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 1700
RAM: t force 16g ddr4
PSU: Corsair hx750

I have been using the PSU, GPU and monitor for several years now so I know they work fine. When I turn on the PC, all the fans and rgb lights start working so i think I'm getting enough power. I've tried plugging directly into the motherboard but the ryzen has no iGPU, so nothing happened. I've tried reseating the ram and video card many times already and I still get no display. I'm stumped here, looking for some help. Thank you.

Solution

I have no more ideas but you can always contact Asus Technical Support on their website and describe your problem to them. They might be able to help you.

vanillaice

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
It's an acer monitor iv been using for 2 years now, along with the r9 390. Both of them only take dvi or HDMI and my motherboard only takes hdmi. I have an old monitor lying around with a VGA cable, but I can't even plug in to test it out. Either way I was using the video card with the monitor just fine up until I decided to build my new system.

The only thing i can say to you is that going by your description, it sounds to me like a problem with the ram. Although you say you have "re-seated the ram and video card many times", double check the ran is fully inserted into the slots. Remember the memory slots on your motherboard only have a clip on one end, the other end without a clip need to be pushed down firmly to be fully seated.

vanillaice

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
I reseated everything one last time, including the CPU. Still nothing. At this point Im taking it to the shop and have the employees check if the hardware is faulty...

I have no more ideas but you can always contact Asus Technical Support on their website and describe your problem to them. They might be able to help you.

Solution