New computer extremely slow in windows 7

Rokas2260

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014
Hi, basically recently I been distracted with my computers lag, like it's getting worse and worse.. For example in performance information and tools, it says in Performance issues, that a driver causes to start sleep mode slowly, that the program causes to start windows slowly, change desktop visuals to improve performance, and so on.... In this new computer that I bought (built it myself actually) How can it have bad performance and so on ? Could it be because of an old HDD ? The booting it self takes a good few mins now from how it was a different older PC... And even today after sleeping mode some programs started to crash even when trying to launch them again... And after I rebooted my PC the windows explorer stopped working ? Just everything is crashing I noticed.. Could it mean I need to hurry on a new HDD ? (I am buying at the moment a SSD which is: Kingston 480GB SSDNOW UV400 SATA 3 2.5 : And I have at the moment Hitachi HDS721010CLA332)

Solution
on july 29 the free upgrade for going from windows 7 to 10 will end. the issue with windows 7 is it missing the newer chipset drivers for the new mb. there only few ways to fix that. one is use a 3 party program called 7lite to make a new updated windows 7 iso that adds the missing drivers. the other is if your lucky to get windows 7 to boot from the installer media to do an advance install and install the drivers then. the last that works right now but may be removed is booting from windows 10 media and using windows 7 or 8 key. if ms removes this then any old keys wont work any more.

Rokas2260

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014

Motherboard: Z170X-GAMING 3
GPU: GeForce gtx 960 WindForce 4GB
CPU: i7-6700K
Case: Suppressor F51 (without window)
PS: S12II-620Bronze
Ram: 16Gb rams (8x2)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Rokas2260

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014

No I reinstalled my windows so everything is clean and newly installed and I kept games on my d disk, (I have c and d disks) c is free and has barely any space taken... I have a antivirus because I think of viruses but its clean so I delete it

Rokas2260

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014

Yea few months back.. I do not install windows updates because they are problems to me.. and I don't think I have that one cpu at 100% Everything seems to be working fine, nothing is using much anything...

Rokas2260

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2014

Dude what the hell... I enabled windows update, it started installing and after restart it droped blue screen and windows repair is not helping either, and neither does recovery... I'm reinstalling windows atm... I'm mever ever doing windows updates again... Windows cancer...

MustacheBerry

Commendable
Jul 22, 2016

Hey if I may join in the question, I see he has a i7 6700K, I'm planning on bying a i7 6700, but with the recent annoucement from MS about cutting support for 7 and 8 for the Skylake series is it even possible to use those sysems with new configs? Sorry if its a dumb question but I'm pretty cofused with this.

on july 29 the free upgrade for going from windows 7 to 10 will end. the issue with windows 7 is it missing the newer chipset drivers for the new mb. there only few ways to fix that. one is use a 3 party program called 7lite to make a new updated windows 7 iso that adds the missing drivers. the other is if your lucky to get windows 7 to boot from the installer media to do an advance install and install the drivers then. the last that works right now but may be removed is booting from windows 10 media and using windows 7 or 8 key. if ms removes this then any old keys wont work any more.

Solution