New computer failing to post, no beep codes and I have replaced almost every piece of hardware.

Apr 10, 2018
Hey guys, this is kind of weird and has me stumped. I built a new pc to upgrade to a ryzen build, but after putting everything together, it will not post. Lights turn on and all of my fans spin, but nothing goes to my screen or other peripherals. At first my debug led was flashing cpu, so I sent it back and got a new one. Still not posting, figured it could be the motherboard so same thing and no change. I took a multi-meter to the power supply, and everything works there. I have tried one piece of ram at a time in each slot and nothing. 2 graphics cards, nada. I took it to a local computer repair shop and the guy seemed as lost as I was, he told me he got a motherboard error beep code when the ram sticks were in 1 and 3, but nothing in 2 and 4 which is where they are recommended. I plugged it into my other motherboard to check and still no post. I am very frustrated with it... The only part that is the same is the hard drive from my old build.

Specs are
cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard: MSI B350 tomohawk Arctic and MSI x370 gaming carbon pro
Ram: Corsair vengeance DDR4 3000
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 ti founders edition

Solution
Hey, I am having nearly the exact same problem, and i have nearly the exact same build. However my build is not brand new. one day it was working fine then the next it wouldn't post. Ive got it to post a couple times but once I shut it off it just keeps going back to not posting.

Ive been able to get it to post by reseting the CMOS, your motherboard manual should have instructions on how to do that. Hope you get it fixed!
Apr 11, 2018
Hey, I am having nearly the exact same problem, and i have nearly the exact same build. However my build is not brand new. one day it was working fine then the next it wouldn't post. Ive got it to post a couple times but once I shut it off it just keeps going back to not posting.

Ive been able to get it to post by reseting the CMOS, your motherboard manual should have instructions on how to do that. Hope you get it fixed!

Solution