[SOLVED] New computer freeze during Windows 10 installation.

Juan Riend

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
Hi, I just build a new gaming computer but I keep having troubles to install Windows 10, I had to change the HDD from MBR to GPT and now it allows me to install Windows 10 but it just keeps freezing during installation. I have removed the GPU, I also removed and proved the functionality of my RAM sticks, the temperature seems fine @ the BIOS/UEFI, I have reset the CMOS and reseat everything and made double sure that everything is connected in the right place. Any help is appreciated.

System specs:
Asus ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming Motherboard
Intel core i7-9700 3GHz Processor
Adata XPG Spectrix D41 8GB 3000MHz DDR4 Memory
Cooler Master RS-600-PCAR 600w Power Supply
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1660Ti 6GB Graphics card
Seagate ST3000DM001 3TB Hard Drive

Hello

Since your PC specs are good, and you've already tried most of the troubleshooting steps, please check if the installation media is faulty.

If not already done so, you can try downloading the latest Windows 10 installations files from the Official Website, use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB and try installing Windows using it.

Please report back with the results for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Juan Riend

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
Hello

Since your PC specs are good, and you've already tried most of the troubleshooting steps, please check if the installation media is faulty.

If not already done so, you can try downloading the latest Windows 10 installations files from the Official Website, use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB and try installing Windows using it.

Please report back with the results for any further assistance.

Cheers!!

Hey thanks for your reply, the installation media works fine, I can actually move the Hard Drive to the old computer and install Windows 10 without problems. The problem is when moving the Hard Drive to the new computer it gives me a BSOD when booting Windows which is why I was trying to format and install Windows again.

nino_z

Honorable
Jan 21, 2013
Sounds like a ram issue. If you have another stick, try using that. Alternatively, what can cause a Blue Screen is if a component (in this case - the processor) is overheating. Did you connect the CPU fan to the motherboard? Is it spinning? Try gently shaking it with your hand to feel if it is sitty tightly or if it seems a bit shaky.

Juan Riend

Distinguished
May 11, 2013
Sounds like a ram issue. If you have another stick, try using that. Alternatively, what can cause a Blue Screen is if a component (in this case - the processor) is overheating. Did you connect the CPU fan to the motherboard? Is it spinning? Try gently shaking it with your hand to feel if it is sitty tightly or if it seems a bit shaky.

Hi thanks for your suggestion, I have already proved the functionality of the RAM sticks, and temperature is fine I am using liquid cooling, the fans and pump are all properly connected and working fine.

TRENDING THREADS