[SOLVED] New Computer freezes

Oct 11, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having an annoying problem with the new computer. It keeps freezing, randomly but especially in games.

I spent my last few weeks days reading posts on this forum trying to fix the problem by looking and other solutions but right now I gave up. I would appreciate any help.

I am pretty sure the problem is somewhere RAM or MOBO.
I have updated the bios to f40.
I have checked memtest86, all ram works fine 100% pass.
In bios the mouse is laggy / slow.
I have re-installed windows 2-3 times, nohting changed.
I have tried to disable C global state, nothing changed.
Even lowered to 2444mhz (RAM's) , still nothing changed. I have tried to put in one by one , nothing changed.

Is it something to do with voltage ?
I dont really know these things like (timings in ram, voltage in bios)
but i feel like there could be the solution.
Or faulty mobo :(

Specs:
Windows 10 64bit
Gigabyte B450M ds3h
Ryzen 5 3600 (3.6ghz)
GTX 960 (4gb)
HyperX 32GB Fury DDR4 2666MHz CL16 KIT
(2x16gb )
psu : Coolermaster elite 600W ver.3

Thanks for all the help :)

Solution
Try run the PC with only one ram module fitted.
Look in the mobo user manual on how to install ram modules, as it could require a specific ram slot using only 1 module.

8Gb and 16Gb modules differs in 1 address bit on the address bus.
What does your mobo manual tell you on maximum ram size on each module ?

Dont assume anything, dont take anything for granted, when working with mobos, CPU's and ram modules.
Make yourself absolutely 100% sure by seeking the correct information from factory manuals on the specific hardware you have.
Oct 11, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having an annoying problem with the new computer. It keeps freezing, randomly but especially in games.

I spent my last few weeks days reading posts on this forum trying to fix the problem by looking and other solutions but right now I gave up. I would appreciate any help.

I am pretty sure the problem is somewhere RAM or MOBO.
I have updated the bios to f40.
I have checked memtest86, all ram works fine 100% pass.
In bios the mouse is laggy / slow.
I have re-installed windows 2-3 times, nohting changed.
I have tried to disable C global state, nothing changed.
Even lowered to 2444mhz (RAM's) , still nothing changed. I have tried to put in one by one , nothing changed.

Is it something to do with voltage ?
I dont really know these things like (timings in ram, voltage in bios)
but i feel like there could be the solution.
Or faulty mobo :(

Specs:
Windows 10 64bit
Gigabyte B450M ds3h
Ryzen 5 3600 (3.6ghz)
GTX 960 (4gb)
HyperX 32GB Fury DDR4 2666MHz CL16 KIT
(2x16gb )
psu : Coolermaster elite 600W ver.3

Thanks for all the help :)

1. Maybe overheat? Use the software to monitor the cpu/gpu temp, like MSI afterburner, or hwmonitor, etc.
  2. Did you update all the drivers? Like the AMD chipset driver https://www.amd.com/en/support or network, audio, etc.
  3. May try to update the BIOS to newer one (f42e).
  4. May try other GPU, if you have one. Or other PSU too.
  5. If you have more than one hard drive, disconnect them, only use the boot device. Also disconnect other USB devices too.
  6. May use the " reliability monitor tool " to see you can find something or not. https://www.howtogeek.com/166911/re...windows-troubleshooting-tool-you-arent-using/

Ralston18

Titan
Start troubleshooting by looking in Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes, warnings, and even information events that occur just before or at the time of the freezes.

Use first Task Manager and then Resource Monitor to observe system performance. First while just watching while the system "idles". Second, while browsing on line and doing light work. Third, while gaming.

In each case, just leave the monitoring window open but drag to one side.

Just watch and look for some bottleneck or pattern of events. Do not jump to any conclusions or immediately react so something that seems amiss. Make some notes, do some research, and try to verify whatever issue may have been noted or identified.

Post accordingly.

Oct 11, 2019
Oct 11, 2019
  1. Maybe overheat? Use the software to monitor the cpu/gpu temp, like MSI afterburner, or hwmonitor, etc.
  2. Did you update all the drivers? Like the AMD chipset driver https://www.amd.com/en/support or network, audio, etc.
  3. May try to update the BIOS to newer one (f42e).
  4. May try other GPU, if you have one. Or other PSU too.
  5. If you have more than one hard drive, disconnect them, only use the boot device. Also disconnect other USB devices too.
  6. May use the " reliability monitor tool " to see you can find something or not. https://www.howtogeek.com/166911/re...windows-troubleshooting-tool-you-arent-using/
Hey, the temperature never goes above 75 C, i dont think its about high temp. I have installed the latest AMD chipset driver too. I will try to update new bios to f42 maybe that is the solution.
I dont have another GPU nor PSU . My PSU is newly bought last week cuz I thought the problem was the old PSU.
I will install that reliability monitor tool and i will keep you updated. Thank you

Oct 11, 2019
Install samsung magician software and check the health of the ssd.
Hey i did what you said this is the result :
vThynb4.png

Oct 11, 2019
Start troubleshooting by looking in Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes, warnings, and even information events that occur just before or at the time of the freezes.

Use first Task Manager and then Resource Monitor to observe system performance. First while just watching while the system "idles". Second, while browsing on line and doing light work. Third, while gaming.

In each case, just leave the monitoring window open but drag to one side.

Just watch and look for some bottleneck or pattern of events. Do not jump to any conclusions or immediately react so something that seems amiss. Make some notes, do some research, and try to verify whatever issue may have been noted or identified.

Post accordingly.
Hey , Since I have the problem i do these things aswell. Everytime i start the PC trying to solve the mistery i open these viewers to see where could be the problem while im gaming or etc. Everything seems to be fine , but one odd thing. The Energy consumption os always Very High red even when nohting runs just windows task manager and even that is red.
But my PSU is 100% good bought new one few days ago. Maybe MOBO can't use/ split power as it should?

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Hey , i checked for AMD Matisse CPU's and there i found only this HyperX 16GB 2Rx8 HX426C16FBK2/32 DS Hynix CL16 1.2v . Which looks the same but its not.
So my problem is : my ram does not fully support my mobo?
I can not answer this question, unless you provide the EXACT type number writing on your ram module.
Bear in mind that these days we no longer have access to deep advanced ram settings in the motherboards.
Which means that ANY small difference in ram timing makes BIG consequences for ram usage in specific mobos.

Oct 11, 2019
I can not answer this question, unless you provide the EXACT type number writing on your ram module.
Bear in mind that these days we no longer have access to deep advanced ram settings in the motherboards.
Which means that ANY small difference in ram timing makes BIG consequences for ram usage in specific mobos.
By the way i can send you the default timings on ram if it helps in bios. Maybe it tells you something.

Oct 11, 2019
I'd go to a local store and purchase a power supply to test with. See if the issues stops. If they don't then you can make use of the return policy.
My SSD is about 1 month old, it worked fine in the last PC i had, and the PSU is a few days old . I dont think that the problem is about them.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
this is the type number: HX426C16FBK2/32
The other writing is manufacturing and serial numbers, and some basic info on the ram.

If you found this type in the QVL - you have a certified ram.

No I wont be able to judge anything from the timing settings.
My advice is to leave it as is.

Oct 11, 2019
this is the type number: HX426C16FBK2/32
The other writing is manufacturing and serial numbers, and some basic info on the ram.

If you found this type in the QVL - you have a certified ram.

No I wont be able to judge anything from the timing settings.
My advice is to leave it as is.
There it is :
dyjHcAA.png

The number is exactly the same but its 16gb (2x8) and mine is 32gb (2x16). Something is odd.
The numbers match but the size doesnt

Oct 11, 2019
Did the issue start when you got the psu?
The issue started when I newly first built the PC. (1 week ago)
The CPU, RAM, MOBO, PSU, is all new.
SSD is about 1 month old.
When i first installed windows after 15-20 min it all went laggy , freeze even when nothing is running.
I checked everything one by one , tested everything . Its all good as new.
In the BIOS the cursor is slow/ laggy. Thats why im suspect mobo problem or ram.