[SOLVED] New Computer freezes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Oct 11, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having an annoying problem with the new computer. It keeps freezing, randomly but especially in games.

I spent my last few weeks days reading posts on this forum trying to fix the problem by looking and other solutions but right now I gave up. I would appreciate any help.

I am pretty sure the problem is somewhere RAM or MOBO.
I have updated the bios to f40.
I have checked memtest86, all ram works fine 100% pass.
In bios the mouse is laggy / slow.
I have re-installed windows 2-3 times, nohting changed.
I have tried to disable C global state, nothing changed.
Even lowered to 2444mhz (RAM's) , still nothing changed. I have tried to put in one by one , nothing changed.

Is it something to do with voltage ?
I dont really know these things like (timings in ram, voltage in bios)
but i feel like there could be the solution.
Or faulty mobo :(

Specs:
Windows 10 64bit
Gigabyte B450M ds3h
Ryzen 5 3600 (3.6ghz)
GTX 960 (4gb)
HyperX 32GB Fury DDR4 2666MHz CL16 KIT
(2x16gb )
psu : Coolermaster elite 600W ver.3

Thanks for all the help :)

Solution
Try run the PC with only one ram module fitted.
Look in the mobo user manual on how to install ram modules, as it could require a specific ram slot using only 1 module.

8Gb and 16Gb modules differs in 1 address bit on the address bus.
What does your mobo manual tell you on maximum ram size on each module ?

Dont assume anything, dont take anything for granted, when working with mobos, CPU's and ram modules.
Make yourself absolutely 100% sure by seeking the correct information from factory manuals on the specific hardware you have.
The issue started when I newly first built the PC. (1 week ago)
The CPU, RAM, MOBO, PSU, is all new.
SSD is about 1 month old.
When i first installed windows after 15-20 min it all went laggy , freeze even when nothing is running.
I checked everything one by one , tested everything . Its all good as new.
In the BIOS the cursor is slow/ laggy. Thats why im suspect mobo problem or ram.
Just because the PSU is new doesn't mean it's not defective.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
Look in the mobo user manual on how to install ram modules, as it could require a specific ram slot using only 1 module.

Dont assume anything, dont take anything for granted, when working with mobos, CPU's and ram modules.
Make yourself absolutely 100% sure by seeking the correct information from factory manuals on the specific hardware you have.

Solution
Oct 11, 2019

As I mentioned in the thread i have already tried installing one at a time / swapped them into different slots . Nothing changed.

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
I am at a loss here.
You have a problem, I point out that the ram type you have is not listed exactly as found in the QVL.

If you are convinced your ram modules shall work in your mobo, please contact Gigabyte support.
Its the right place to get the right answer.

Oct 11, 2019
I am at a loss here.
You have a problem, I point out that the ram type you have is not listed exactly as found in the QVL.

If you are convinced your ram modules shall work in your mobo, please contact Gigabyte support.
Its the right place to get the right answer.
My apologies I didnt intend to do that. Overall what i am trying to say. I copied the exact serial number that you gave me (HX426C16FBK2/32 ) and pressed ctrl f in the page of mobo compatible rams and it found 1 perfectly matched . But it was 16gb version. I thought beacuse the 16gb version and 32 gb version has the same exact serial number it means that it should be good.
I will try to get a new ram and see how it works out. I appreaciate the help. Thank you

kaehligj

Prominent
Mar 15, 2018
No need to apologise.
You need an answer to your problem.

It has been proved many times, that hardware not explicitly mentioned in QVLs gives rise to problems.
I do agree that the extra bit in addressing as the difference between mentioned type numbers is not likely to be a problem. Unless there are other parameters involved that would be different.