New Computer Getting lag spikes in League of Legends

LukasLindNielsen

Honorable
Dec 8, 2014
I got a new Computer three months ago, at first I was running smooth on League of Legends on 80 Fps, hovering around there. But then after 3 weeks I started getting under 45 Fps for a minute and then up to 80 Fps again and then repeating after 2 minutes. I was wondering why, so I started researching and I updated drivers that helped me to get them every 3rd minute and they now only last about 15 seconds . I'm also having this problem with other games like Minecraft, I can play it on 120 - 130 Fps and then for about 5-10 seconds drop to about 25-70 Fps every 2th minute. I've tried other methods like tweaking with my ingame settings in League of Legends, but it didn't make a difference in the Fps or the amount of time i am experincing these lag spikes.

Processor : AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Installed memory (RAM) : 32,0 GB (31,9 usable)
Graphic Card : ASUS R9 280 Series
Windows 7 Ultimate

I am also starting to see the performence is getting worse, how do i fix these problems?

Solution

gytisxp

Honorable
Jul 20, 2013

I had a similar setup. The fx 4300 causes frame drops ( sometimes 19 or below ) you should overclock it or get a new cpu like an fx 6300 or 8350

I had the same problem so i got an fx 8350.

Solution

computaur

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
It's more than likely your modem/router/connection as you can nearly run LoL off of a toaster. When I first moved into my apartment I had issues getting kicked off of the internet every couple of minutes, they sent someone by who checked all my stuff, etc. but the problem persisted. So I called back and demanded they fix it, this time they sent a non-contracted tech out who realized the connection clips in their box were ancient, he changed them and viola, my internet has been perfect for close to a year.

Unless you're noticing your computer having issues on non-internet required programs, etc. I would just call your ISP and tell them to send someone over to fix their equipment(if they give you trouble, just tell them you have no issues with dropping their service, that will get them moving more quickly. haha)

Good luck,

computaur

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
Also, do not overlcock your machine--it just runs your system harder and is totally unnecessary unless you're running bench testing. Considering the low specs of your machine, that's probably part of your problem anyway.