[SOLVED] New computer graphics card isn’t working on it

Sep 15, 2019
I built a new computer recently I’ve switched out the motherboards and psu and the graphics card still doesn’t work. Everything turns on, but the graphics card so I’m not sure what the problem is. I’ve tried the graphics card in an old build and it works I’ve tried the old graphics card lights up but no video.
Specs
I7 9700k
Corsair h150i pro
Asus rog Maximus xi hero z390
G.skill trident z royal 3200 16x4
Msi rtx 2080 ti x trio
SeaSonic 1000w prime titanium psu
Corsair obsidian 500d rgb se

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't working in what sense, NO signal of the monitor, Black screen, or the system does not even boot up properly ? Can you see the BIOS POST screen ?

Have you tried updating the system BIOS to the latest version ? Clear the CMOS settings and then try again.

Make sure to plug the PCI-E cables to the GPU form your power supply, 6/8-PIN as applicable. Your specs are pretty good, so the card should work on this system, unless there is some defect in the GPU itself. Connect the Monitor's cable to the GPU.

Do you get this same problem with your OLD graphics card as well ?

Sep 15, 2019
Isn't working in what sense, NO signal of the monitor, Black screen, or the system does not even boot up properly ? Can you see the BIOS POST screen ?

Have you tried updating the system BIOS to the latest version ? Clear the CMOS settings and then try again.

Make sure to plug the PCI-E cables to the GPU form your power supply, 6/8-PIN as applicable. Your specs are pretty good, so the card should work on this system, unless there is some defect in the GPU itself. Connect the Monitor's cable to the GPU.

Do you get this same problem with your OLD graphics card as well ?

Not getting a display, so can’t see the bios screen, I pressed the reset on the cmos setting already and the graphics card is the only thing that is not lighting up in this system, but lights up and works in a different system, and everything is plugged in correctly.

Sep 15, 2019
Your PC has integrated graphics. You can use it by plugging the monitor to your motherboard's HDMI/display port and get a signal from there. You can update your Bios that way.

I still don’t get any display while using just the cpu in the computer, could there be another problem?

Sep 22, 2019
Starting to think you may not have the correct connections for your graphics card from your power supply. There are specific connections for graphics cards on the power supply.

Dunderal

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I'm curious about this too since I replaced my old Asus Rog Strix RTX 2070 OC card with the MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 2080 Super and it is performing worse than the 2070. Maybe MSI has a quality issue?

Sep 15, 2019
Can you shoot me a video of what it's doing with the video only looking at the motherboard when you turn it on?

feb386a56b79d46755fb576a8fe8b4b6.jpg

there graphics cards lights aren’t even on so no signal, I’ve tried it on my other computer and it worked and lights up, and the video doesn’t even move from the black screen