Question New computer has problems turning on

cynicoren

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
Hello,

A month ago I bought a computer with these specs:
https://www.plonter.co.il/priceoffer_shoppingcart.tmpl?PriceOffer=278756

In the day I got it, I connected it to a screen, mouse, etc., and it worked for 2 days (I managed to install Win 11)
Then, it won't turn on, best response was https://youtube.com/shorts/Ct-77ox_7Sg?feature=share (turning on for a second)

I already sent it back twice to the shop (after a few days, it a far away shop, thus the computer was not connected to the grid for a while) and they twice said it worked fine when it got there. Last time it was there, they changed the power supply by my request.

I got it delivered to my parents address, and it worked there for a couple of hours so I took it home. The next day it turned on, I installed some apps, but today - it won't start again.

All the test I made after it failed to start were plain vanilla - no usb's, it was connected only to the power cable.

The On button doesn't change a thing, and when I disconnect it from power for a while, the maximum I get is the same response than can be seen in the video.

Any clue what is wrong this system?

Thank you

Lutfij

Titan
I already sent it back twice to the shop (after a few days, it a far away shop, thus the computer was not connected to the grid for a while) and they twice said it worked fine when it got there. Last time it was there, they changed the power supply by my request.
If the issue only crops up when the system comes back to you, it's highly possible that your crib has a grounding issue. Do you feel a mild tingling sensation when you touch any metal part of the system(while it's powered up) while your bare feet are making contact with a bare tiled(non-wooden, non-carpeted) floor?

cynicoren

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
If the issue only crops up when the system comes back to you, it's highly possible that your crib has a grounding issue. Do you feel a mild tingling sensation when you touch any metal part of the system(while it's powered up) while your bare feet are making contact with a bare tiled(non-wooden, non-carpeted) floor?

No, didn't happened, never tried to connect it bare footed.
I had up around 2 years ago an older computer that worked there for almost 10 years.
I also tried different sockets in the house, where other computers are currently working - same result.

Lutfij

Titan
I meant when the system is (pre)connected and you try powering it up while you're bare feet. Take the system over to a friend's place, see if the issue happens as well. The source of power is what's different from your seller's workshop and your own crib, provided the shop isn't lying about anything.

cynicoren

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I meant when the system is (pre)connected and you try powering it up while you're bare feet. Take the system over to a friend's place, see if the issue happens as well. The source of power is what's different from your seller's workshop and your own crib, provided the shop isn't lying about anything.

As you offered, I tried it in my mothers-in-law house - same result.