New Computer Internet Problem

caden310

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Recently built a new computer, everything went fine until I used the Internet, the speeds are crazy slow. Download at like 4 kb/s and can't load most pages. I tried re installing adapter drivers, didn't work. Then tried an Ethernet cord directly to router. Still super slow. But any other computer in the entire house, even the laptop in the same spot, has normal speed internet. This computer has been built for a day so I don't see how their could be viruses or anything. Any help is appreciated!

Specs:
R9 380x
Intel 6800k
16gb Kingston hyperX
512gb samsung 950 pro
EVGA 750 watt
Adapter - Asus N53 wireless(But tried Ethernet too)

Solution
Okay I figured out the problem. I don't know why this worked, but it did.

I have 32gb of Ram installed actually, but I learned that with windows 7 home Premium you are only allowed 16gb.

So it said i have 32gb but only 16 usable. And I thought just now, what ever lets just take out the extrea RAM until I update to windows 10. I took the extra ram out and it started working normal again. No idea why.

My motherboard is AsRock X99 Extreme 4
Windows 7

caden310

Honorable
Mar 21, 2013
Okay I figured out the problem. I don't know why this worked, but it did.

I have 32gb of Ram installed actually, but I learned that with windows 7 home Premium you are only allowed 16gb.

So it said i have 32gb but only 16 usable. And I thought just now, what ever lets just take out the extrea RAM until I update to windows 10. I took the extra ram out and it started working normal again. No idea why.

My motherboard is AsRock X99 Extreme 4
Windows 7

Solution

TRENDING THREADS