Question New Computer; little glitch I'm trying to figure out.

Dec 12, 2022
I got a new computer. A prebuilt one. Alienware. I9-12900kf, 3080 ti, 32 gig ram ddr5 4400mz, 2TB SSD. I can get more specs if you need them; I need to look them up. Anyways. I've been noticing 2, for lack of better terms, issues this PC seems to have. They may be the same glitch, or they may not... I get a random audio glitch, a brief second or two tops, and a small static burst. This only happens when I'm watching a youtube video or playing a game. If I listen to music on items, I haven't noticed it yet, but these little bursts of static aren't happening all the time, but I would say, at least once every 15 mins, give or take, sometimes a tad sooner, sometimes a bit later, but I always get at least two an hour. In games, it's the same issue but with a barely noticeable slowdown. Like a momentary hiccup in the system. It's hard to describe, and sometimes I think I'm losing my mind, but I don't remember this happening so consistently with my old system. All systems have "moments" where they'll slow down and hiccup from time to time, but this feels more consistent and it's a new PC I paid a lot for... so it's bugging me.

Things I've already tried.

Redoing the drivers for my Audio and Video Drivers. a few times each. clean installs. Unoverclocking the system, overclocking the system(presets), disabling Memory Isolation and Virtual Machine. Disabling the Xbox game bar. turning off gaming mode. Disabling audio enhancements. Trying USB headphones and different sound output devices. Downgrading my 4k monitor to 1440. (glitches still happen, but they feel shorter somehow) Frame rate limiter in Nvidia control panel. New DP and HDMI cables. (well, different ones didn't buy new ones, the lines I had are pretty good, 8k rated.)

Keep in mind that besides this little persistent glitch, the system is running fast, soother, higher FPS than I've ever seen before. I've been monitoring the temps with my onboard software, which stays very low, even when overclocked. (liquid cooling CPU). System sounds fine.... temps all look good, games play silky smooth 95% of the time. Honestly, at this point I'm not sure if this isn't just normal behavior... I'm sure it's not, this PC shouldn't have a consistent little hichup every 15 mins, no mater if it's a youtube video, or a game, any game really, right?? What am i over looking? Any help will be greatly appreactied. Even knowing what this little hickup even IS could be helpful, cause i try and trouble shoot it on google and i can't find anyone with similar descriptions of the problem, since the little hichups are spaced so far apart...

Dec 12, 2022
Yeah, the temps are fine when I'm gaming. I can try a benchmark, but it's a liquid-cooled system; I haven't seen the CPU over 70 once. GPU is in the 60 to 70 range. Whatever the lower version of the temp numbers is, I forget. It's all well within the temp threshold the AWCC says it should be In.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Yeah, the temps are fine when I'm gaming. I can try a benchmark, but it's a liquid-cooled system; I haven't seen the CPU over 70 once. GPU is in the 60 to 70 range. Whatever the lower version of the temp numbers is, I forget. It's all well within the temp threshold the AWCC says it should be In.

The UBM is more for the information it gives about your system than the actual validity of the results.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
I got a new computer. A prebuilt one. Alienware. I9-12900kf, 3080 ti, 32 gig ram ddr5 4400mz, 2TB SSD. I can get more specs if you need them; I need to look them up. Anyways. I've been noticing 2, for lack of better terms, issues this PC seems to have. They may be the same glitch, or they may not... I get a random audio glitch, a brief second or two tops, and a small static burst. This only happens when I'm watching a youtube video or playing a game. If I listen to music on items, I haven't noticed it yet, but these little bursts of static aren't happening all the time, but I would say, at least once every 15 mins, give or take, sometimes a tad sooner, sometimes a bit later, but I always get at least two an hour. In games, it's the same issue but with a barely noticeable slowdown. Like a momentary hiccup in the system. It's hard to describe, and sometimes I think I'm losing my mind, but I don't remember this happening so consistently with my old system. All systems have "moments" where they'll slow down and hiccup from time to time, but this feels more consistent and it's a new PC I paid a lot for... so it's bugging me.

Things I've already tried.

Redoing the drivers for my Audio and Video Drivers. a few times each. clean installs. Unoverclocking the system, overclocking the system(presets), disabling Memory Isolation and Virtual Machine. Disabling the Xbox game bar. turning off gaming mode. Disabling audio enhancements. Trying USB headphones and different sound output devices. Downgrading my 4k monitor to 1440. (glitches still happen, but they feel shorter somehow) Frame rate limiter in Nvidia control panel. New DP and HDMI cables. (well, different ones didn't buy new ones, the lines I had are pretty good, 8k rated.)

Keep in mind that besides this little persistent glitch, the system is running fast, soother, higher FPS than I've ever seen before. I've been monitoring the temps with my onboard software, which stays very low, even when overclocked. (liquid cooling CPU). System sounds fine.... temps all look good, games play silky smooth 95% of the time. Honestly, at this point I'm not sure if this isn't just normal behavior... I'm sure it's not, this PC shouldn't have a consistent little hichup every 15 mins, no mater if it's a youtube video, or a game, any game really, right?? What am i over looking? Any help will be greatly appreactied. Even knowing what this little hickup even IS could be helpful, cause i try and trouble shoot it on google and i can't find anyone with similar descriptions of the problem, since the little hichups are spaced so far apart...
Hey there,

Have you done a bios update? This could potentially fix it. What mobo do you have, and what PSU also.

Dec 12, 2022
Hey there,

Have you done a bios update? This could potentially fix it. What mobo do you have, and what PSU also.
Bios updated when i ran the computer the first time.
My PSU is a lunar lights 1000.
I can't find the name for the MainBoard. Everything else is listed in my sales receipt. Not it. Maybe i can figure it out somehow when i get home. At work asking questions on line to have ideas when i get home. LOL. Thanks to you guys, for at least trying to help me figure it out.

Bios updated when i ran the computer the first time.
My PSU is a lunar lights 1000.
I can't find the name for the MainBoard. Everything else is listed in my sales receipt. Not it. Maybe i can figure it out somehow when i get home. At work asking questions on line to have ideas when i get home. LOL. Thanks to you guys, for at least trying to help me figure it out.

Just run CPU-z and go to the mainboard tab and you can tell us.

A bios update from when you first got the system, and now, have probably gone through many updates. When you know the mobo, we can advise further then which one to update to.

I don't see anything out there on a @Lunar Lights 1000 PSU. Take a picture of the sticker on the side of the PSU. This will give us the info we need.