New computer: no video display

alexnoble1421

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018
I just built my computer and there is an unsolved issue. When my computer boots, my monitor shows no display. I’m pretty sure the build is installed correctly. The fans are spinning, the mobo appears to be running and everything else appears to be running. I tested the mobo before I put it in the case, and it was working. The bios appeared. But ironically, When I booted up the mobo the same way outside the case after the error became present, the display still didn’t show up on the monitor.

Perhaps I did something that caused the issue to appear. I booted the mobo up with one ram stick to determine bad memory. Each of the modules doesn’t appear to be bad. I tried clearing cmos, still didn’t work. I tried removing the gpu, still didn’t work. I removed the cooler and reinstalled the cpu and the cooler and it still didn’t work. I also tried using different video cables, and the monitor is powered on and displaying no signal. I inspected the mobo and it doesn’t appear to be damaged.

At the end of the day, I assume there is a bad component. I may have to get it replaced under the warranty.

There could also be things I haven’t tried that could fix this issue. Can any of you give me any advice you can? I really appreciate it.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700k
Gpu: Radeon Rx 580 8gb
Mobo: Msi z270 gaming m7
Cooler: Coolermaster hyper 212 led (lga1151)
Psu: 650w

Solution
1) Do you check the cpu socket to see any bent pin or not?

2) If no, don't tight the cooler screws too much.

3) May RMA the MB, because you used the onboard iGPU, you still had the problem, so I think the MB may have problem.

alexnoble1421

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018

I've tested the motherboard outside the case running onboard, and there is still no display. When I tested the motherboard before I installed it to the case, the bios booted up.

The PSU is (EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply)

alexnoble1421

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018

I did connect the vga power cable to the gpu. When I turned on the pc, the blades didn't spin. It could be that the blades only run if the gpu is reaching a certain temperature. The gpu was warm so I assume the gpu is fine.

alexnoble1421

Reputable
Jul 16, 2018

I used the HDMI cable and the Display cable are there is still no display. Before I installed the motherboard into the case, it detected the cpu. The problem began when I tested the build a second time when I installed the motherboard followed by the rest of the components. The cpu was only taken out during the issue to see if that is the culprit. Even after reapplying thermal paste and reinstalling the cooler, the error is still present.

1) Do you check the cpu socket to see any bent pin or not?

2) If no, don't tight the cooler screws too much.

3) May RMA the MB, because you used the onboard iGPU, you still had the problem, so I think the MB may have problem.

Solution