New computer problems

panzer9

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
I just bought a bunch of parts from newegg in hopes of making a new gaming PC.

I put it all together and now it runs perfectly fine.. The LED lights come on the fans start running.. It starts off fine like any computer should. Then here's the problem. There is no display at all. I'm positive it isn't the GFX card or the monitor because i've switched out several different ones.

I'm still under a 30 - day warranty for all of the parts. But what does it seem like should be defective here? The CPU or Motherboard? Because I'm pretty convinced it's one of them. Please help here because I feel like I just wasted a whole bunch of money.

P.S. I already checked the booting checklist

jevon

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004
Definitely go through that list Prox linked if that isn't the one you already used.

For now all I can really add is that I've had a couple situations with Samsung LCD's where they would not come on on a fresh install. The way I get around it is to hook up an old CRT I have kicking around to do the Vista install, and after that the LCD is detected fine - although I can't remember if I used the analog (blue) connector between the graphics card and LCD or not for that first time after a Vista install.

I haven't come across this in a couple months at least, but just thought I would share because you just never know!

Good luck!

mossyoakmilitary

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Just went through the same problem, had to remove all but 1 module of ram to get my monitor visible. I then went back in and re-installed my memory sticks.

panzer9

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
Thanks for the quick answers, but I tried the checklist and checked the RAM, The screen, it all seems fine. Its just no BIOs is coming up on the computer, i know this because the disc drive won't open nor will keyboard and mouse LED lights come on. It just seems to run the fans, and that is it. Any help will be appreciated.