Question New computer randomly rebooting.

Apr 8, 2019
Hello, i have recently bought a complete new computer and i have had it randomly reboot on me 2 times now and i have no idaea what the problem is.
I first got the problem whilst i was playing runescape and pubg at the same time and the second time i was only playing Garrys mod.
I have not done any manual overclocking but since it is an asus motherboard i have the boost function wich is on automaticly.
I have also noticed that in the asus software it shows that my cpu temp is on 80 degrees celcius but when i use msi afterburner and corsair link it shows the cpu is on 35-40 degrees celcius.

i Have installed:
RTX 2060 OC
AMD ryzen 5 2600X
2x8gb hyper x fury 2666 ddr4
Asus ROG b450-f gaming
Corsair HX1000i (wich i bought 6 months ago and used in my old computer aswell).

Edit: i have recently installed the newest bios updates aswell. i had been using the computer for 2 days before i updated the bios and everything worked fine before the update. I will try to re-flash the bios when i get home but i do not know if that could make a problem like this?

Last edited:
There is a golden rule, and you seem to broke it : If it ain't broken, don't fix it.

I.e. you had a working system, why updating bios then?

One obvious thing to do now is to revert back to old bios - hopefully you have backup of the old bios - or just download the old version from manufactors web site.

Apr 8, 2019
i was just thinking " new computer, lets start good with all the latest updates". i have now reverted to the previous version and it seem to have fixed som lagging issues with some games i am playing so i am hoping this fixes the reboot problem aswell.

I think it is fixed? have been running the computer for almost 24 hours and it has had no reboots. so if someone else is having a similiar problem, try to update/downgrade bios?

Last edited: