New computer runs loud?

Jarrett_1

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
I don't know if it's normal or not how loud my computer is but I am just using the fans that came with the case which probably are not top notch fans. It's not like extremely loud or anything but it sounds like a house fan you would plug into the wall right next to you and set to medium speed. Should I really be worried at all? Also for my Psu fan instead of putting my computer on the carpet I put some tile for it to be placed on but I left the lint trap that came with the case for the psu fan on, should I remove it?

Solution

Speed Fan , link below
http://

aquaprofile

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014

I would keep the filter for the psu on. What parts are you running and are you using aftermarket cpu coolers or anything? Generally stock coolers are loud normally.

DillonJ3K

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
Some case fans are pretty cheap an loud. Worth while to replace them with better more quiet fans. Also your case can play a factor in the sound aswell. Some cases are better at keeping the sound inside the case, others not so much. And you seldom should hear your psu fan. If you do it should be faint. If its loud then that could be a problem. Also its worthwhile to keep dust traps on. Helps keep the dust inside the case down which isnt fun to clean.

Jarrett_1

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016
I'm using an intel i5-6500 cpu and I just used the cpu fan that came with it (didn't know it did until I opened it), I bought another one that was cheap but decided not to use it. It seems the noise is coming from either that or my video card, or possibly even both my video card is a radeon 380x , also thanks for the help

It's possible the case fans are loud as well I don't think the psu one is making much noise but it is probably worth replacing the case ones.

Jarrett_1

Honorable
Jul 16, 2016

Ok thank you I will try that! Happen to know any software I could download?

DillonJ3K

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015

Speed Fan , link below
http://

Solution