Question New computer start-up issues

eshack87

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Hi,

I built my wife a new computer for business and after installing Windows 10, upon any restart, the computer goes to a black screen after the BIOS screen. Each time I have to reinstall Windows to get Windows to work, but it only works on the initial install. I have tried updating drivers for Windows, CPU, motherboard, network card and I tried running the Windows start-up repair. I tried updating the BIOS and removed the battery to the motherboard. I downloaded programs to test the RAM, SSD and CPU. Everything I try leads to the same outcome of restarting to a black screen after the BIOS window.

My setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G w/ Radeon Vega Graphics

Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450M-A/CSM

RAM: Ballistix Sport Lt DDR4 3200

SSD: Crucial P1 500GB NVME

Power: Evga 450 BT

Wifi: TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300

Case: NZXT H500

eshack87

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Thank you wayneboyd it turns out there is some issue with using my HDMI port with Windows 10 and the monitor. Acer tech support couldn't figure it out and said there are no drivers for it. But it works with the VGA cable and since its just a business computer I'm going to leave it there. You defiantly sent me on the right path, I figured since I could consistently see the BIOS it couldn't be the monitor but now I know. Thanks again!