New computer takes long time to start up is this normal?

Claymoresama

Honorable
May 3, 2013
I just purchased a Hp pavilion touchsmart 15 notebook from Costco and I'm concerned with how long it takes to boot up. So this computer has an A10-5745m quad core cpu with 8gb of ram and a 1tb hdd. This hard drive is a regular laptop hard drive not an SSD. My boot up time takes a few seconds before I see the HP logo then it says please wait and takes a while then i click on the lock screen and i get the please wait thing again for a little bit. Then finally I'm in and everything is slow for a moment then the computer gets going. Is this normal? The pc has 8.1 out of the box and I'm just concerned that maybe something is wrong with it.

Solution
Sounds like you have allot of useless crap loading at startup. HP and others install alot of crap by default. If you can get a plain Windows 8.1 DVD and install it. That will get rid of all of the startup crap. If not use Add-Remove Programs to get rid of as much as you can.
Sounds like you have allot of useless crap loading at startup. HP and others install alot of crap by default. If you can get a plain Windows 8.1 DVD and install it. That will get rid of all of the startup crap. If not use Add-Remove Programs to get rid of as much as you can.

Solution

Claymoresama

Honorable
May 3, 2013

I did but I proceeded to remove all of the bloatware when I first started up the computer. My boot time is roughly a minute and a half on average according to a program that I use. Is that a good amount of time for startup.