New Computer Troubles

Richard Perez

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014
I'll describe every step I took concerning this build. First I installed Windows 7 on this new computer, and I realized I didn't have a CD drive to run the motherboard drivers. I tried to burn the drivers onto a USB like I did with Windows 7 but couldn't. I then downloaded drivers with compatible IDs online and that worked until I started getting blue screens. They said either bad_pool_header or iqrl_is_not_iqrl, along the lines of that. I bought an external CD drive and re-formatted the hard drive. I re-installed Windows and ran the motherboard drivers. I used a Total Install option and it installed a thing called Super Charger. Upon restart of the computer, it prompted me that super charger was only compatible with MSI motherboards. I then thought it strange why my ASUS motherboard would include MSI drivers. It said I had to restart again to finalize the changes, and I did . . . but my computer never shut down. After a hard reset, it asked if I wanted to continue in safe mode, but I booted it normally and it prompted me again that super charger wasn't compatible and I needed to restart. I did this 2 more times before deciding to re-install Windows. After the partition sequence in the installation process, the computer restarts in order to boot windows, but since the Super Charge incident I get a blue screen after that restart. It will again ask me to continue in safe mode, or with the last known good configuration. If I click on that, it brings me back to the Windows installation process right after selecting the partition and before the restart. It's an endless loop of never being able to install Windows. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution

If you used the wrong motherboard drivers that will cause lots of issues. Since this is a clean setup anyway, install Windows again, this time use the right drivers for your motherboard and see what happens.

Richard Perez

Reputable
Jul 29, 2014

It was an ISO image I downloaded online, and I don't think that's the problem anymore. I just realized that I installed the wrong motherboard drivers and found the actual ASUS drivers just a couple hours ago. Having read other threads, I suspect that either my RAM or my hard drive is defective at this point. What do you suggest?

If you used the wrong motherboard drivers that will cause lots of issues. Since this is a clean setup anyway, install Windows again, this time use the right drivers for your motherboard and see what happens.

Solution