New computer turns on, doesn't post, and then restarts.

Dec 27, 2018
I recently built a computer and tried to power it on, but it didn't display anything, and about 10 seconds (Different each time it restarts) into it being on, If rebooted itself. I don't get any beep codes, so I tried taking out everything but the bare minimum (PSU, MOBO, CPU, and CPU Cooler), and still had the issue. After that, I tried breadboarding, and it also made no difference.

Computer Specs:

CPU: i7-9700k
GPU: GeForce 1050ti - 2gb memory
PSU: EVGA 500 W1
RAM: Patriot Memory Viper 16gb
MoBo: Gigabyte B360M D3H

No OS or Bios Info, because no display is shown.

Sorry if this is posted on the wrong page; I'm new to the forum.

you'll likely need a bios update to run that CPU on that motherboard. it was originally meant for 8th gen intel cpu's. support for 9th gen was added later as it didn't exist at the time of production. you can usually find the bios version of the board in the lower right-hand corner of the board it's usually the last few numbers. the board will likely say F2 (bios version) somewhere where you can see it. though it may be small. you would need to update to version F11 for 9th gen cpu support. see here.....https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B360M-D3H-rev-10#support-cpu

Dec 27, 2018

I would flash the BIOS, but I have two concerns:

1. The motherboard is constantly restarting, so flashing might damage the BIOS

2. You cant flash the BIOS without first going into the BIOS, which I can't get to. (Q-Flash+ doesn't work on my motherboard)