[SOLVED] New Computer, Very Slow Download Speeds

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
Hello, I got a new computer a few months ago, (a fast boi, around $1500) and I’m downloading a new game from steam. About 70gb and the estimated time is 8 days. It’s the only thing running on my computer, and I checked task manager, the only thing using the network. On steam it says the current speed is about 70-90 KB/s, with a peak of 300 KB/s. I’m using Ethernet and when I take a speed test, and nothing is downloading, I get about 11-12 mb/s. Somethings wrong. I’m the only one using the network and it’s being extremely slow. I could understand a couple megabytes less, but less than 100 Kilobytes? Am I doing something wrong? I already left it alone for around 10 hours, but nothing has changed except it downloaded 5gb. Is there something wrong? Or is this normal and I have to endure this? Any tips for waiting this out if I have to? I can’t do anything else on my computer because the updating is making online games lag so much they are unplayable.

Last edited:

ThatSourMelon

Commendable
Apr 21, 2019
ya try changing the port on router and check the configuration
I changed the port on my router, made sure all my ethernet ports were secure, and reset my router for good measure. There is no change. I don't think the router is the problem, like I said, When I do a speed test I get around 11-12mb/s, its just when I download something its around 80kb/s.

Md Noman 1

Reputable
Feb 3, 2017
I changed the port on my router, made sure all my ethernet ports were secure, and reset my router for good measure. There is no change. I don't think the router is the problem, like I said, When I do a speed test I get around 11-12mb/s, its just when I download something its around 80kb/s.
speed tests doesn't give you actual speed.call your isp