[SOLVED] New computer w/ frequent BSODs - RAM/Driver issue?

Apr 15, 2020
Hey all!

I built a new Windows 10 PC recently and it seemed be to working fine, but I wasn't using it super regularly. Now three weeks of regular use I'm getting repeated and frequent BSODs. It boots fine, it's not connected to any particular program, but it's happening around 2-3 times a day.

The jankiest part in my build is my RAM -- I got a cheap part hoping it wouldn't make much impact -- but it makes me suspicious if bad RAM is the issue. It could easily also be a driver problem based on the errors, but beyond this I am out of my depth.

I've scanned my system files with "sfc /scannow" in cmd and I've checked my drivers to see if any need updating. That being said, I've also used the Windows Memory Diagostics Tool and come up empty.

Here are my dump files: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/kilu33jnm17hb/minidump

Any help would be much appreciated. My gut is just switch out the RAM, but I also don't want to waste too much time on a goose chase if there's a different solution.

My specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-H86F3NR
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor, 3800 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BaseBoard Product X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2020
I have 2 sticks and they came together - same make/brand. Drivers are all official from Nvidia, Realtek, Microsoft. The sound driver is a relatively new addition but it's official and the crashes started beforehand.

This just came to mind - the motherboard says it supports: DDR4 3466+(OC) / 3200(OC) / 2933 / 2667 / 2400 / 2133 non-ECC, un-buffered memory, but the RAM itself is 3000mhz. Could that be the issue?

Apr 15, 2020
Huh! Unless this is a variant/regional module code, I don't think it is on the QVL list: TLZRD416G3000HC16CDC01

But just to be sure: Is there a way of sorting out whether this is a driver issue short of reinstalling windows and reinstalling everything piece by piece?