New computer was working for a few hours but now wont post

Jun 7, 2018
I finished building a new PC and everything was working correctly (I installed windows ect) apart from being unable to detect the GPU and HDD that were installed. I went to the bios and didn't change anything except when I exited I accidentally applied "load optimized defaults" and restarted my PC.

From here its never correctly restarted it just powers up for a few seconds then shuts off with a loud click sound and the motherboard stays lit. All the fans and GPU run too. Also the CPU, DRAM, VGA, BOOT LED's cycle through every time except it seems to shut off after the CPU LED flashes briefly for a split second.

To try and figure out whats wrong i disconnected all parts and ran just the PSU, motherboard and CPU and the same thing still happened, I reset the CMOS using the two pins on the my board and still everything the same.

Does anyone know what the issue could be? Thank you

System specs
CPU: i5 8400
Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 13 CO
PSU: Corsair TX550M
Motherboard: Gigabyte B360 AORUS gaming 3 WIFI
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB x1
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
+ 1HDD and SSD

Jwpanz

Honorable
Try to reseat the CPU, RAM, and GPU. Look for any bent pins in the CPU socket. If you still experience the same issue then I would point my finger at the motherboard. Since it worked before but couldn't detect some of your hardware then it could be faulty. If you have another PSU on hand then try swapping it out so rule it out as the culprit.

Jun 7, 2018

I reseated the CPU, RAM and GPU and nothing changed, there were no bent CPU pins as far as i could see. Ill do the paperclip test on my PSU to see if that's the issue.