[SOLVED] New Computer with Monitor Blackouts and Corrupt Windows User Profile/ Other assorted problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2020
Hi all,

I just bought the following computer:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-3700x-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-1tb-ssd/6400453.p?skuId=6400453

Computer is running relatively good but some problems here and there:

I updated all the drivers for the monitor, GPU, and did windows update and then restarted the computer. Tried to log in to my windows user profile but it was just a black screen. Task manager was accessible and I read online that it was probably a corrupted windows user profile after the update. I made a new profile and then did a windows reset through the windows 10 prompt, not a clean install of windows 10 through boot media. Problem hasn't happened since then.

I'm using 2 screens. One is an HP 25x and I'm using it with a displayport cable. That's my main screen and my second one is a regular dell connected through HDMI. The main screen will have random bouts where the screen will black out for a few seconds. Maybe 1 seconda dn then turn back on and tehn do that in succession 3 times. This happens when I'm using the computer for usual browsing also. It happened today where it blacked out or the screen turned black when I was using the screen too. It's happened about 5 times since I've gotten the computer 3 days ago. I checked event viewer but didn't see anything errors during the times that this has happened. I'm using this cable: https://www.amazon.com/DisplayPort-ivanky-Braided-Display-Compatible/dp/B07HVVHL23/ref=pd_lpo_147_t_1/132-2152317-9240419?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07HVVHL23&pd_rd_r=4600ccd0-e79e-424e-b8b9-4abba450650b&pd_rd_w=WK8YO&pd_rd_wg=2Ctdc&pf_rd_p=7b36d496-f366-4631-94d3-61b87b52511b&pf_rd_r=ZVB97VDPRZNXQSB6V287&psc=1&refRID=ZVB97VDPRZNXQSB6V287

Keyboard randomly disconnects. I reconnected to a different USB 3.0 port and hope this fixes the problem.

At this time, my questions are as follows:

Is the screen flickering at all indicative of possible GPU failure? I ordered a new displayport cable, VESA certified, that's 2 meters instead, and am hoping that will solve the problems.

What else should I do to try and diagnose what is wrong or why the random screen blackouts are happening?

Is the black screen upon windows login something to worry about? Do I need to a clean install of windows to fix this?

Thank you again for your help on this. I'm very new to computers and trying my best to diagnose, and appreciate any guidance you can provide. I've tried to self diagnose and have seen that essentially things can happen for so many numbers of reasons when it comes to computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.