[SOLVED] New computer

Jun 21, 2020
I just bought a new computer and i had the hard drive from my old computer and i was wondering how i could use the ssd that came with the computer with my old hard drive

Solution
I just bought a new computer and i had the hard drive from my old computer and i was wondering how i could use the ssd that came with the computer with my old hard drive
So the new computer came with an SSD.
Is that the only drive in the new machine?
Does it have the OS installed?

If so....what I would do is use the HDD for backup.
You can wipe the HDD...and use it as a second drive.
Use your SSD for Windows and your programs.
Every so often I would clone my SSD to my HDD (when things are running good). That way...if anything on your SSD gets screwed up with a virus or whatever...you can recover.

How large are the drives?

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you only want to use it as data storage, then plug it in, boot up and format that second drive. it'll be given a drive letter and works no problem.

if you are hoping to keep the windows install on it and somehow use it, then that is a big not gonna happen. you'll need a fresh windows install for the new system to work right with it.

So the new computer came with an SSD.
Is that the only drive in the new machine?
Does it have the OS installed?

If so....what I would do is use the HDD for backup.
You can wipe the HDD...and use it as a second drive.
Use your SSD for Windows and your programs.
Every so often I would clone my SSD to my HDD (when things are running good). That way...if anything on your SSD gets screwed up with a virus or whatever...you can recover.

How large are the drives?

Solution