Question New computor build for my Weather Station

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sundancer268

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013
I need some recommendations for a compact cheap computer to run two programs for my Weather Station. The computer needs to be on 24/7 and constantly connected to the internet through my local Network. I am looking for Power savings, and as small of a case I can get. Integrated graphics, Windows 10 Pro x64, Norton 360 and 4 Gig Memory. I would like Raid One to protect my Data. The weather programs to run are WeatherLink 6.05 from Davis Instruments and Virtual Weather Station from Ambient Weather. Both programs are end of life and will be eventually replaced when I find something I like. I was thinking along the lines of an ITX Mother board, a small SSD for the OS and two conventional HDs in Raid One for the program. I will probably use a switch so I can use the same monitor, Keyboard and mouse on my main computer that is currently running the Weather Station. Any other suggestions as to form factor would be appreciated as the only other computers I have ever built were full ATX in Tower Cases. Thanks, Ed

sundancer268

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2013
Yes & no, Logitech sent a new Unifying Receiver and that now allows the keyboard to work in windows. I still could not get it to work during the initial install of windows so I also got the cheap wired keyboard for those issues in the future. I tested the wired keyboard out and then put it on the shelf for the future.