[SOLVED] New cooler, high temps

Solution
Shouldn't idle temperatures be closer to 30 degrees?
Says who?
It all depends on a number of factors.
-Room ambient temperature, if the radiator fans are pulling in air from right outside the chassis. This will be the lowest possible temp for the unit here, however temporary.
-Chassis ambient temperature, if the radiator fans are exhausting air out the top of the chassis. The air moving inside the chassis is always warmer than the outside. This will be the lowest possible temp for the unit here, however temporary.
-How the hybrid cooler is mounted in the chassis. The pump should not be the highest point in the loop, or air can get trapped there.
-Pump speed is maxed out or not. It should be maxed.
-The chassis allows adequate...

Geoco240

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
Shouldn't idle temperatures be closer to 30 degrees? Where as these are staying around 40-50 degrees and spiking up to 60.
I also don't understand why temperatures can get above 80 degrees while gaming, but as soon as I quit the game the temperature instantly drops to below 50.

Last edited:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Shouldn't idle temperatures be closer to 30 degrees?
Says who?
It all depends on a number of factors.
-Room ambient temperature, if the radiator fans are pulling in air from right outside the chassis. This will be the lowest possible temp for the unit here, however temporary.
-Chassis ambient temperature, if the radiator fans are exhausting air out the top of the chassis. The air moving inside the chassis is always warmer than the outside. This will be the lowest possible temp for the unit here, however temporary.
-How the hybrid cooler is mounted in the chassis. The pump should not be the highest point in the loop, or air can get trapped there.
-Pump speed is maxed out or not. It should be maxed.
-The chassis allows adequate air inside and out - we don't even know the PC's specs for that matter.

I also don't understand why temperatures can get above 80 degrees while gaming, but as soon as I quit the game the temperature instantly drops to below 50.
Happens regardless of air or liquid cooling. The cooler doesn't stop running when you stop running.
Perhaps I misunderstood something?

Solution