Carl

Will ATI soon have a card out that can rival/better current nvidia
offerings? How is CROSSFIRE shaping up?

Carl wrote in message ...
>Will ATI soon have a card out that can rival/better current nvidia
>offerings?

Yes. It's recently been announced that it will be called the x1800 xt/pro/xl
and will be based on the R520 chipset. there are million rumours floating
around about weather it will be 16/24/32 pipelines and various clock speeds
etc... should be as good or better than the 7800gtx, but we will have to
wait and see.

scheduled for realease within a month.

have a look at anandtech.com , theinquirer.net or rage3d.com (go to the
forums there, look under "general radeon discussion", and there is a sub
heading called R520 Rumors. there are HEAPS of views/bits of info in there.

"Paul Goodhew" <Paul.Goodhew@TW.com> wrote in message

> Carl wrote in message ...
>>Will ATI soon have a card out that can rival/better current nvidia
>>offerings?
>
> Yes. It's recently been announced that it will be called the x1800
> xt/pro/xl
> and will be based on the R520 chipset. there are million rumours floating
> around about weather it will be 16/24/32 pipelines and various clock
> speeds
> etc... should be as good or better than the 7800gtx, but we will have to
> wait and see.
>
> scheduled for realease within a month.
>
> have a look at anandtech.com , theinquirer.net or rage3d.com (go to the
> forums there, look under "general radeon discussion", and there is a sub
> heading called R520 Rumors. there are HEAPS of views/bits of info in
> there.

I think the R520 will have 16 pipes, and the R580 will have 24

Spaceman wrote in message ...

>"Paul Goodhew" <Paul.Goodhew@TW.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Carl wrote in message ...
>>>Will ATI soon have a card out that can rival/better current nvidia
>>>offerings?
>>
>> Yes. It's recently been announced that it will be called the x1800
>> xt/pro/xl
>> and will be based on the R520 chipset. there are million rumours floating
>> around about weather it will be 16/24/32 pipelines and various clock
>> speeds
>> etc... should be as good or better than the 7800gtx, but we will have to
>> wait and see.
>>
>> scheduled for realease within a month.
>>
>> have a look at anandtech.com , theinquirer.net or rage3d.com (go to the
>> forums there, look under "general radeon discussion", and there is a sub
>> heading called R520 Rumors. there are HEAPS of views/bits of info in
>> there.
>

>I think the R520 will have 16 pipes, and the R580 will have 24

anandtech have some supposedly official stats on the r520 confirming it is a
16 pipe card. the R580 could be 24 or even 32 pipes.