Question New Corsair CX650M coil whine broke GPU ?

Feb 9, 2022
Hi,
I have a big problem. When GPU is under load above 80% my PSU starts buzzing. Higher FPS = higher buzz. At the begining when I setup my new PC and put my old MSI GTX 1070 Gaming inside it everything was ok. But after a week my card under load started humming strangely and Corsair PSU start to buzz. I never have a problem with my 1070. I decide to put my older GTX 760 to testing. It's totally silent. I hear only a PSU buzz. I have some problems with my power in house. Unequal current voltage. Could it have any meaning?

Do you think that this PSU broke my GTX 1070? I test card in old PC and problem is still there. Weird.

I think about RMA Corsair but I'm not sure if it's his fault. My old PSU do same thing. I uploaded audio for you to check this sound.

View: https://soundcloud.com/ukasz-jab-o-ski-30481005/cewki

Juular

Respectable
BANNED
Mar 14, 2020
So wait a minute, your almost 6 years old GPU dies, you think it's because of the coil whine (which is nonsense) but if you put your old PSU it whines too, and you think it's Corsair to blame ? It's me or this doesn't make sense ? What was the old PSU ? How long was you using it and the CX-m with this GPU ?

Feb 9, 2022
Before 1070 worked with SilentiumPC Deus M1 Bronze Plus (decent and very popular PC hardware company from my country Poland). I have been using the card for a week with CX-m. And after this time I started to hear strange noises from the case.

In my old PC sometimes on loading screens in games I hear high buzz. Like this from end of my audio. But nothing more.

//EDIT

Maybe it's important information. I had a little trouble with propably coil whines on my motherboard power section too. Gigabyte Aorus b560m Pro. Especially at Windows starts. I record this sound on mobo backs near a procesor socket. I disabled all C states in bios and now it'a almost unnoticable. In bios loading screen is silent, it's appears with Windows start.

New test:
When i plug my headphones and mic to motherboard inputs and GPU is under load I can hear this bzzz in headphones and when I'm record my voice it's in recorded file too. When I plug my headphones and mic to USB audio card Audiotrak it's disapeard and audio is almost clear.

View: https://soundcloud.com/ukasz-jab-o-ski-30481005/cpu

Last edited: