Question New Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8gb 3200mhz C16 Overheating?

Feb 4, 2022
Hi All,

I recently bought the Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8gb 3200mhz C16 ram kits. Installed, turned on XMP and was getting about 35C-36C on Idle for temps in the first week. When I played CSGO, the RAM would heat up to about 56C on average, I was also getting some stuttering (FPS Var spiking for split seconds). Since I thought the RAM overheating was the issue, I decided to add an extra case fan in the front for better airflow (one exhaust in the back, 2 at the top of case and 2 in take fans in the front). Once I added the front panel fan, the temps of the RAM in idle were about 32C-33C on idle and about 52C-53C while playing CSGO.

A week later, after playing 2 hours of CSGO, my RAM starting running at 42C on idle on average and 57C while playing CSGO on average. I decreased RGB lighting to 25% which at first dropped the avg temps by 2C, but since then it went back up to 42C on average during idle. I cannot seem to drop it back down to 32C on idle. I even turned off the new fan to see if thats what was causing the higher idle temps, but that didn't do much. I turned off my computer for a night and that didn't fix the issue either.

Are those temps normal for this type of RAM?

Specs:
MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming B560M With WIFI
GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070TI
CPU: Intel core I5 11400
PSU: EVGA 850 GT Gold
SSD: 500GB Samsung 980 and 250GB Kingston 300
Case: Montech Fighter 500 with 4 built in fans connected via daisy chain Molex cables to PSU (exhaust fan in the back and 2 at the top, one intake fan in the front)
Added Fan: Noctua NF-P12 1700 PWM as intake fan in the front panel (connected directly to mobo)

Any help would be appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Is this the motherboard you're working with?

As for your case/thermals/airflow, the case doesn't exactly have much venting in the front to allow for ample ambient air from entering the case. You could try one thing, take the front panel off entirely and see if your temps drop. The fans bundled with the case aren't any better either. In fact the fans are only for RGB...if they're powered by molex input, then those temps for fans at full blast aren't good.

Also, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?