[SOLVED] New cpu all fans spinning but no display

Mar 30, 2020
Hello I got a used cpu off eBay and installed it in my pc. All the fans spinning but no display. I have a pentium g3528 and I am upgrading to a i5 4590 I made sure they were all comparable and no bios update had to be made. How would I tell if I bought a dead cpu and is there anyway to get it to boot, thanks!

Solution
Checked partpicker

Warning!Some Intel H81 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS

So suggest and try upgrading your bios and see if that works!
Mar 30, 2020
If you could post your specs that be good but buying used cpu from ebay is always a risk of them being faulty so suggest that you contact the seller and see if they can refund you. If they do not then go to ebay and try report the item as faulty and owner wont accept a return!
Hey my specs are
CPU: pentium g3258 (upgrading to i5 4590)
Motherboard: Asus H81I-PLUS
Ram: 8GB
GPU: GTX 750ti

The seller does take returns and I will return if I can't get it to work. I was just wondering if I am missing something before I return it

Checked partpicker

Warning!Some Intel H81 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Haswell Refresh CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS

Solution
Mar 30, 2020
Checked partpicker

I did the bios update and it works!!! Thanks you so much for your help!!!!1